Another engine choice question

BDP

CURRENTLY BANNED
I wonder how one of those compares size and weight wise to an LS3?

This is a large and heavy motor, weighing in at around 700 pounds fully dressed. Not a good solution as it is very expensive and will be difficult to run without a Motec or similar expensive after market computer. I would love an SLC with the V-10 in the back from the Audi R8 with the 6 speed manual from that car. But that is a wide and heavy lump as well that only make 525 hp and would be stupidly expensive as well, but sound glorious! :laugh: The LS3 376 seems to make the most sense to me, with an ecm controller and wiring already done you can make 480 hp all day long.

Did some one noticed the new LS3 376/525hp from GM? It is a new item, they have it on paceperformance.com for $7500. I think is a grate deal! Add a full dry sump for 3K and you have a better deal than any LS7...

Did some one noticed the new LS3 376/525hp from GM? It is a new item, they have it on paceperformance.com for $7500. I think is a grate deal! Add a full dry sump for 3K and you have a better deal than any LS7...

This engine was shown at SEMA this year. It kind of makes me wonder how much longer the LS7 is going to last. The 6.2 is an extremely versatile engine (430hp-638hp<--not sure if the LS9 internals are the same???).

Justin,

I believe that the LS9 has some unique parts, some shared with LS376 and some shared with LS7. I have the LS9 internal oil pump in my LS7 for example.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The rotating internals of the LS9 are really high spec. not found in the other engines in the LS series.
The LSA (cts-v) has a different crank than the LS3 and LS9 too...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Spoke with a vendor today that told me there was already an ECU and cal. available for the 525hp LS3.....I asked about the idle quality but he did not have answer for me ......yet...

Back