Another Windshield Instal Question

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
I'm nearing the installation of my windshield and really like the finished appearance of some type of rubber trim around the outside edge. I asked Don, the previous poster, where he got his but he doesn't know because it came with his windshield. I've also seen it on some other cars on this forum, and wondering what you guys have used?

TIA, Rod

Devin

Supporter
Not to hijack your thread but also on same topic...what perimeter spacing (around outside of windshield to fiberglass surround) do people find that works best for the bodywork prior to windshield installation?

I too want to leave the option of the rubber trim if my expected flush mounting and edge sealing doesn’t look finished enough.

This is similar to what SPF uses on their windshields. Also comes in wider widths.

Devin

Supporter
Thanks Dave...think that at least addresses an option for my situation but guess I need to decide if that’s what I want before installation. My 1/4”-5/16 gap though should work nicely if I want to use this molding.

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Yup, that's the kind of stuff I'm thinking about. And, using this along with the proper w/s stickum appears to me to be a cleaner look than trying to smooth black silicone around the gap. Removal, if you ever have to, might also be easier. Of course, YMMV.

Geoffrey

Supporter
Hey Rod !
I installed mine flush, no rubber. I ordered the seal but never used it. I can ship it to you if you need.
My instagram is Carbon_gt40

Back