ANY GT40'S IN THE RI OR CLOSE BY IN CT OR MA

Phil G

Supporter
I plan on ordering the RCR GT40 soon. Seeing I have never seen a GT40 in person I was hoping someone in RI or close by in MA or CT has one I could take a look at. I'm also interested in the inspection process in RI. Please let me know if anyone has one in the area.
Thanks in advance.
Phil

SIT IN ONE BEFORE YOU BUY ONE... HAVE SOMEONE TAKE YOU FOR A DRIVE.. THEY ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE..SOME PHYSICAL LIMITS MAY MAKE IT HARD FOR YOU TO GET IN AND OUT OF THE CAR.. ALSO YOU MAY BE TOO TALL OR SHORT, TO HEAVY..

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
Great advice from Walter

when I first sat in mine I could feel my hair rubbing the top of the door. Later I installed a Gurney bubble.
Below is pictures of my buddies check out the new toy.
Ron, sitting in the car, may be 5' 11" tall
I'm 5' 10" and 165 lbs. Tight fit. You can move the seat forward so you can stretch out. In a RCR the pedals are moveable.

Best advice; sit in one before you buy. The cost of a plane trip is cheaper than the loss on selling a car you can not fit into.

Jan 13 2011 (7).jpg
Mar 12 2011 (15).jpg
Mar 12 2011 (16).jpg

Phil,

I am in Concord, NH with a CAV, left hand drive car. Happy to have you visit when if you feel like heading up my way to try it on!

Phil G

Supporter
I never gave it a thought but sounds like good advice. I am 5'9' 165 so it it should be a comfortable fit for me.

Dave,
I may consider taking a ride to Concord if I can find the time. Greatly appreciate the of

Chris Kouba

Supporter
At 6' 2" (34" inseam) ~200#, I have no issues sitting in my RCR- with a helmet on even- no Gurney bubble. You can literally set it up to fit you like a finely tailored suit.

The entry/egress issues WALT talks about apply to any GT replica regardless of marque.

Back