ANY RF OR CAV MONOCOQUE CLOSE TO S. FLORIDA

G

i own a GT40 right now but it will be a mission to finish it. i'm interested to see a RF GT40 in person or a CAV (monocoque chassis). i rode in a CAV with a space frame and there is no leg room. i loved the quality. i haven't seen a RF so i can't compare. i like the idea that i can save some money by building my own(RF). the CAV is more money but it comes to you DONE(i already have the motor for it). any body close to me??? i live in the miami/ft lauderdale area and i would like to see your car(CAV or RF).

thanks

luis

Hey luis,
I hope to have my RF done in time for
the DVSF II. If you can make it up
there I will be happy to have you try
it on for size. I have sat in the Cav
mono and the space frame. The RF has
more room.

Hersh
smile.gif

Luis,

Have you looked at Florida Advanced Vehicles? They're in Hollywood, and carry the CAV cars. I've never talked to them, so I have no idea what they actually have in stock right now.

I'm right around the corner from you, in Sunrise. If you get any information that's not posted on this thread, would you mind keeping me informed? Thanks! And let me know if I can come over and hand wrenches to you while you work on your Sabre.

ron

G

i just came back from FAV in Hollywood. the CAV 40 is very beautiful and the quality is great! Nick(the distributor) said that the mono chassis has more room and better options... ex: aluminum rad, bigger rotors, more space inside(better leg room), the seats sit 2 inches lower, and the best of them all... it comes with a ZF tranny. i didn't feel very comfortable in this particular car but i definitely will have to see the new one. again... i have to see a RF 40.

hersh... i believe that i will be going to the DVSF. i'm registered and have hotel reservations. i don't know if i'm taking the cobra or just flying there but i will look for you there so you can show me your car. hope its done by then.

ron.. i'm just south of you in davie. look for me at the hot rod show every friday night at the tower shops. i have a display booth for Hot Shot Performance Coatings there and i stay from 6 to 10pm. my office number is 954-474-7997.

i know that american GT will be at the DVSF and i would like to see that too. i still have to make a decision and it won't be before i go to the fling.

cheers

luis

Luis,
I don't believe the CAV comes with any tranny. The current $59.5K price includes everything but the engine and tranny. The Audi is $2K extra and the ZF is $7K extra. At least that was the info I had received.

G

comes with the audi box and the ZF is about 1K more... at least that was the info i got today. not 100% sure but that is what i understood.

luis

Unless things have changed radically in the last month, I think Jon has this one correct. My paperwork is at home, but as I recall it's $2K for a rebuilt Audi, $4K for a new Audi, $7K for a rebuilt ZF and $10K for a new ZF. The pricing on the ZF is a pass-through - theysell them at the same price RBT charges them...

I am getting a rebuilt ZF for mine, so know that $7K number is accurate (or was there best estimate as of a month ago).

G

steve and jon... you are correct. 7K for the ZF plus 3K for AC, 2K for flares and 1K for leather. this car will be out of my price range. i will have to build my own. so now i would like to see a RF and a american GT.

thanks

luis

If you want to make a trip to Myrtle Beach, I bet Ron would show you his. That is the closest RF to you. There are also 2 in Texas, 1 in Louisville. A several out here.

G

myrtle beach is in S. Carolina? i think its about an 8 hour drive from here. i can do that. looks like a weekend trip. does he have it on the road or is it in build process?

thanks

luis

Luis,
I believe Gordon is refering to Ron Earp
in Raleigh, NC. Ron's car is in the build
stage. It's only fourty days or so until
the Fling Luis. So I think that might be your
best bet for now.
grin.gif

Hersh
smile.gif

Luis,
I'm pretty sure that it will be done.
I am doing the paint work now and will
have the engine in by next week end. From
there on it should be a down hill battle.
I look forward to meeting you at the Fling.

Hersh
smile.gif

G

hersh... i'll be at the fling!!! will your 40 be ready by then?

luis

G

The spring Fling is June 21-23 in London Ohio which is 20 minutes west of Columbus Ohio. We hope to have American GT's monocoque demonstrator car at this event. Here is the website for the Spring Fling http://www.cobras.com/

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: John Hester ]

Back