Arrangement drawings from grabcad (?)

I have not found drawings of the roof structure. At the end of the day i will probably just make this match the bodywork that I have. We know where the top of the side sill finishes and its width. the angle will match the rear body work and it will just go up from there. If i get to that stage, I think i will have amassed enough metal working skill to keep going.

If you spend enough time looking at photos you will notice that there were changes as ford went through production. I think I have also seen some changes between the early Superformance cars and the later ones as well as some differences between away from the drawings as well to facilitate modern needs. Still great cars.

The challenge and enjoyment for me is working out how they were folded up, what order and processes were used, what tooling and tricks. Its great when you stumble on that little bit of information and clarity of your thoughts is achieved.

Ryan

When i started on this model a few weeks ago, I just started drawing parts and constraining them acc.to the coordinates from the grid on each drawing. If you do that with all available drawings most of the remaining bits is given.
Yes the rear bulkhead needs to be adjusted to suit bodywork.

As i have access to a lasercutter and cnc bending machine i will adjust to suit the available tooling so i can prefab most of the tub and assemble on a weld table made by 3000x1500mm plate. There are quite a few bits in the tub with compound surfaces, in which i have omitted and went for welded plate strips and inserts to get it as correct as possible.

acad-dump-jpg.118005

You have the views mixed up.
The colored line drawing from Ray's cad work is a rear view, whilst the Scanned PDF is a front view. You can clearly see this in the location of the center tunnels on both drawings.
I have drawn my model to be LHD so that might be a bit confusing for those used to RHD cars...

Back