At Long Last

Well folks, I am now an owner of an ERA GT. The car is chassis 2064 and the original delivery date was 1997. The tub is stainless, the engine is 330 ci, has quad webers and was dynoe'd at 387/4750 torque and 395/6250 hp . The body is a la 1075.

Thanks to the list for all the assistance and advise, expecially after the misfortune with the ERA in Chicago. I have posted a few pictures at the following link.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ccw6221

Thanks and I have officially donated to Ron and the cause.

Chuck Ward
ERA GT 2064

Attachments

• 23581-Left Front High (low res).jpg
    23581-Left Front High (low res).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 223
ERA constructed the exhaust (or whoever does so for them). I agree that it looks great but the collectors are about 3/4 inch off center. Interestingly my Martha Stewart replica neighbor actually cam over and said my "screaming yellow zonker" isn't near as loud as she expected.

BTW, I get to pull the fuel tanks this weekend and reseal the tops. Seems GT 40's (just like 911's) don't like to sit. To say the fuel smell while driving is overwhelming would be an understatement. Also I think the fuel recirculation line for excess pressure is run through the interior and it's one of those european fabric covered lines. Those are typically really good fuel lines but my porsche experience tells me they really don't handle being empty well after being exposed to fuel. NO SMOKING to say the least.

Also I'm debating my registration options in Texas as this car was never registered in CT.

Chuck

Attachments

• 23587-Engine Compartment 6 (low res).jpg
    23587-Engine Compartment 6 (low res).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 238
I was able to see this car last week and it is really something! Taking it out literally stopped traffic. Pretty cool.

Back