Audi 01E 012 clutch pak kit

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
We've created this hydraulic clutch slave bearing with universal fitment features-- and its a great little performer.
:idea:So, we thought we might adapt it to the 01E - 012 trans so that multi plate clutches could be utilised thereby giving a much greater clamp force as required when using the big V8s of Ford / Chev etc.
We'd be greatful for some thoughts or feed back

Attachments

• clutch slave bearing hydraulic 002 (Small).jpg
    clutch slave bearing hydraulic 002 (Small).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 668
  • clutch slave bearing hydraulic 004 (Small).jpg
    clutch slave bearing hydraulic 004 (Small).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 685
Chris:

You are probably already aware. But the multidisc clutches have a need for the bell housing to be very closely aligned with the crankshaft. You may want to make it so it can be aligned and then doweled in proper position. I think it is a great idea

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Chris,

Have you looked at the old posts by Dave Deerson? He did a similar thing with a 930, but I don't see why a similar set-up couldn't be designed for the Audi box.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Dave, our adapters are dowelled to the engine and gearbox to ensure perfect alignment -- OEM coordinates.
Terry, I do recall that 930 jobbie by Dave but I reckoned that the normal Porsche clutch set up in these is so simple and effective that I havn't found a need to change it.
With the 01E -- a 9" clutch off the shelf is max. and theres not many with more than 2000lbs clamp force, which is not much for the torque of the motor but good for the trans (while it slips:shy:)
Hence the option for 7 1/4" multi disc Quartermaster, Tilton etc

Chris,

Just a few thoughts:
The QuareterMaster pressure plate will require a spherical faced throw out bearing. The one in your photo is flat faced.
Last I looked, the input shaft spline is not quite long enough to completely engage the QuaterMaster and Tilton dual disc setup, though people employ them anyway.
For my 01e, I am using the QuarterMaster 8 1/4" rallye (bronze/ceramic) single disc with white pressure plate spring, and it seems quite adequate.
In you photo, did you have to modify the trans to get the hydraulic throw out bearing to fit?
Is that a Chevy adapter in your photo? What starter do you use for that application?

Cheers,
Andy

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
+ 1 Scott:thumbsup:
Andys - Chev LS adapter , using normal LS flex plate and starter (same goes for Ford and Lexus adaptions)
The input shaft extension tube is a custom replacement.
For multi disc clutches, an input shaft spline extension / adapter will be used

Kevin Box

Supporter
Chris
Can you post the dimension from the rear of the housing to the front of the release bearing in collapsed state
I have been looking at either the RAM or Quartermaster one but if your making them in Aust I will support the locals.

KevinB

Back