Audi 01E Main Case

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows if the front main case of the Audi 01E is the same on the quatros and on the two wheel drive versions. I'm looking for a main case as I have just split my case on the left hand side where the drive shaft comes out to the front of the main case where it bolts onto the engine. So if anyone can point me in the right direction or if anyone knows if the quatro and two wheel drive are the same it would be appreciated. I'm hoping o take the box out in a day or two and I'll post photos. The reason the box let go is I took the car to the drags and and a big set of sliks and a hard launch. NOT a good idea.
cheers
Bob

Hey guys, not as bad as originaly thought, the supporting bolts holding the side cover plate where the diff housing is had come loose which allowed oil to escape which made it look like the case had split, so it looks like all is needed is to realign the diff and tighten the bolts. Looks like I'm lucky this time. Should have checked everything before going to the track.

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows if the front main case of the Audi 01E is the same on the quatros and on the two wheel drive versions. I'm looking for a main case as I have just split my case on the left hand side where the drive shaft comes out to the front of the main case where it bolts onto the engine. So if anyone can point me in the right direction or if anyone knows if the quatro and two wheel drive are the same it would be appreciated. I'm hoping o take the box out in a day or two and I'll post photos. The reason the box let go is I took the car to the drags and and a big set of sliks and a hard launch. NOT a good idea.
cheers
Bob

To answer your question, yes the diff case is the same from 2wd to 4wd.

If you ran the gearbox dry then the ring and pinion is likely scrap metal as well as most everything else.

Back