Audi 6 speed shifter

Hello I am completely new to this and I have been doing a lot of searching on here and on google but still don’t feel confident in a solid answer or parts list. I have a newer 6 speed Audi transaxle and I don’t understand what I need to relocate the shifter to the front of the car. I understand that it will be cable and have found pics of that on the transaxle but no real information on what to buy or what to make. Any links out there that I’m looking over. Any help in the right direction would be great.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello I am completely new to this and I have been doing a lot of searching on here and on google but still don’t feel confident in a solid answer or parts list. I have a newer 6 speed Audi transaxle and I don’t understand what I need to relocate the shifter to the front of the car. I understand that it will be cable and have found pics of that on the transaxle but no real information on what to buy or what to make. Any links out there that I’m looking over. Any help in the right direction would be great.

Have you thought of locating an original shifter for that transmission? If it was cable shifted, it may just need different cables...
I'm not a huge fan of CableShift as a company as they were absolutely NO help in my getting the shifter set up for my GT40. The shifter also relied on the shear strength of hardened #10 bolts placed in single shear..

They (cableshift) were there for me when I bought mine.Answered every call . Got me going quickly. It was also built to be a right hand shift as on original Lolas.

Back