Barrett-Jackson SPF gt-40

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Has been up for sale on Race Cars Direct & Race Car Locators for a while, asking $200k

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I think it's had a lot of development and well sorted with an SVRA logbook, so if you want to go vintage racing in the US, yes I'd agree it appears it was sensibly priced, but will be interesting to see where bidding lands at BJ.

I would think BJ is the wrong venue for this car... A race car most likely BJ will say not registrable in certain states, blah blah blah. Maybe the owner just wants to dump it. I could think of better places to sell it but its been for sale now for several years.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I agree with Lee. I'd never sell my car through Barrett Jackson, Mecum or the other auction houses. The odds that the right buyer willing to pay current market price would be in the room or on the phone are very small.

Rob Klein

Supporter
not sure this to be true, but BJ is a no reserve auction house is it not? If this is true, and there are not two people who want the car, this will be a great deal

not sure this to be true, but BJ is a no reserve auction house is it not? If this is true, and there are not two people who want the car, this will be a great deal
The Barrett-Jackson website says:
"Simply put, our No Reserve auction format provides an unrestricted, honest and competitive bidding environment. As each and every bid counts, buyers are committed to the process. Bidders “stay on the gas” until they get what they want. Buyers attend Barrett-Jackson Auctions because they trust that cars are truly for sale. "

I wouldn't sell at a No Reserve auction. There's too much risk it's an off day and the buyers aren't there. I sold a car at auction and was very glad there were two motivated buyers who pushed up the price beyond what I was expecting.

Rick

Supporter
I assume the rhd and racing orientation limited the buyers pool. The CAV selling for $225,000 including buyers premium is good for all.

rising tides lift all boats...
we shouldn't discount what covid did to inflation and everyone's appetite to spend. I agree that its good for all right now but things may settle down in the future...or not!
It does prove that buyers appreciate the quality of our cars.

rising tides lift all boats...
we shouldn't discount what covid did to inflation and everyone's appetite to spend. I agree that its good for all right now but things may settle down in the future...or not!
It does prove that buyers appreciate the quality of our cars.

... and possibly that Barrett Jackson serves delicious, strong adult beverages ;):p:cool:

Back