BillD Visit to RCR

Fran I must say I am astouded at the photo of you standing on the FIBERGLASS spider. That is one strong roof section

GT40005.jpg

Hahaha no that's not what I meant. I have seen so many references in the past to people breaking windscreens from pulling themselves up by the spider that I have always assumed the glass top was a major weak point. I also assumed, it looks like incorrectly, that was the reason you were looking into an aluminum section.

Thanks Tim...
you are correct that the roof does not seem to be the weak point that many have had problems with..

The reason for the aluminum roof is to elevate the RCR40's level in the marketplace.
We have lots of manufacturers that offer great packages tailored to different desires and my goal is to offer the best engineered car I can for the most reasonable price possible...all of us manufacturers strive for the same end goal.

Where Fran is standing is not the weak point...it's the top outer corners of spider where the windscreen joins.

Looks to me like RCR's would be similiar to the rest here...would love to be proven wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've had a very large and heavy person pull themselves out of my DRB using that top corner of the spider. The windscreen didn't break, but I certainly did see it flex. The person had already pulled on it, before I could stop them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I still like that photo though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And thanks Bill for a great report.

Hey Craig...have you ever stood on your roof with the doors open? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif especially with no steel superstructure to help out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I hopped up there just for fun but it does show a fair degree or strength as the roof is deflecting hardly at all...it was never meant to be an avertisement...

Fran, yeah that's impressive. No I haven't jumped up on mine...you've got me curious now how much it would deflect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fran wrote

[ QUOTE ]
What are you saying TimB...I'm a fat@ss?......180lbs of fine American fed Englishman

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all the Fosters and fish and chips!!

It was a great visit. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Cheers
Bill D

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Maybe its a Michigan thing. Being a recovering alcholic of 17 years, 25 oz Fosters or Coopers was my choice of poison, with a fifth of Jack as a chaser. My friends called it " RooPee", because they guessed the only other thing that PROBABLY tasted that bad would be kangaroo piss. And they said I had a drinking problem !!! Hell I drank just fine it was stopping I had the problem with !!!
Regards Brian

I dont have a high ceiling in my shop like yours Fran, But today I thought of you when I took my spider off. So here is a picture to go along with yours:

Merry Christmas to All on the Forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Attachments

• 70853-PC220002.JPG
    70853-PC220002.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 271
Dan..
you look a little pale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif....I think you need a tropical vacation so you can take off your winter clothes and tan a little... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Merry Christmas ....

Back