Blas Costagli wiring diagram

Hi:

I had a great morning finally locating and solving an electrical problem that was preventing my MKII's fans from coming on. It turned out simply to be a blown 40 AMP fuse located near the battery (probably blew out when some debris lodged in one of the fans and preventing it from turning), and what finally enabled me to track it down was Blas Costagli's wiring diagram that's been mentioned by others on this site. I am not knowledgeable about wiring diagrams at all, and after using the factory diagram to guide me to the possible general areas of the problem, it was Blas' diagram which allowed me to hone in and solve it after frustrating efforts swapping out fuses/relays at the main fuse box behind the passenger side dash cover door. His abundant notations in plain English were especially helpful, and I can really recommend this diagram based on my practical experience of someone who bought it never expecting to use it!

Regards,
/s/ Chris Kennedy

Thanks for the kind words Chris. Being that the wiring systems are so complex on these cars, a failure can be difficult to isolate. Hard to do at home in your garage, yet alone on the side of the road.
You did some great detective work on your problem too. I applaud your perseverance in getting to the root of the problem. Always happy to help. Blas

Back