"Blue and Orange"

Re: \"Blue and Orange\"

GT40 freak,
Dear Volker, I have sent you private mail but can confirm that Steve at Polygon has sent you several Emails but has not received any money order from you, hence no book.
Polygon are now closed down for the Christmas/New Year and suggest that you Email Ray Barker at Menoshires (the distributors) at [email protected]

ALL confirmed orders have been dealt with. The two damaged books have, as confirmed by the previous postings, been dealt with straight away, and were damaged by extremely bad, probably deliberate, Post Office handlers !!
Both books were posted on the same day. Makes you wonder just how many goods are damaged in a year through bad handling....

Regards,

Graham @ GTA.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Volker, I have sent you private mail but can confirm that Steve at Polygon has sent you several Emails but has not received any money order from you, hence no book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham,

many thanks, received your mail and answered it - you should have the answer since some hours. I don't know which person received "several" mails from Steve at Polygon - it was definitly not me!!! And of course they couldn't receive the money as I had no information about, neither the total amount nor where to send it! No invoice, hence no money.

What makes me wonder is that about half an hour after I received your mail I got two other mails from Polygon - one with the missing invoice and the second from Steve (who claimed he never received my mail from November....)???

However, paid for the book now that I had the possibility to do so and hope I'll receive it undamaged - better late than never.

[ QUOTE ]
Polygon are now closed down for the Christmas/New Year and suggest that you Email Ray Barker at Menoshires (the distributors) at [email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it will be not necessary to involve a third party in this matter - as told, money is send now after finally receiving the invoice, and I hope I'll get my copy - doesn't matter if it takes until January 2005.

So I'd thank you again for your efforts to bring movement into this matter. I hope it will find a Happy End.

Regards,
Volker

Hello all. I've been trying to get info on this book for delivery to Canada and to no avail. I tried to email Ray Barker at the link provided but it comes back as undeliverable- rejected, domain not found. Anybody have another way of getting in touch with him? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks. I've sent them an email as per their instructions and we will wait and see what happens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To all who might be interested - finally I received my Limited Edition copy of the book this week.
After some additional troubles (caused by Royal mail or our Deutsche Post) who damaged the first copy send last year in December I received a well packed, very interesting book - it was worth the wait!

Thanks again to Graham for his help speeding up this matter!

Volker

Snakeeyes thanks for the tip. I finally rec'd the book. Just had a chance to start reading it today. Very informative, great pictures and excellent quality. Well worth the wait and the cost for any GT40 enthusiast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got mine for Christmas and am now halfway through reading it. ( No, I didn't start reading it then!!) Cannot work out why no picture of the 1969 finish at LeMans. Maybe they regarded it as too common. Regards

Hi Norman. I agree I thought for sure there would be at least a pic of 1075 even just sitting at the track since it won both years. Very strange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have received my book, it does not cover much of the Gt40 As I hoped, so I will be selling my copy

Back