Body, chassis and more. All for $4500

I'm selling my GT40 body and chassis due to a new house being built. I need the funds.
I've lowered the price to $4500 for everything.

I’ll describe it as best that I can. Sorry, but I don't want to separate the stuff for sale.

The frame/chassis is from a 1974 De Tomasa Pantera. The frame was cut down to fit the GT40 body. It has disk brakes at all four corners as well as Pantera independent suspension. There is a lot of work still to be done to make it ready, which would include sandblast and a roll cage. I have some roll cage parts for it. It has the original half-shafts (from transaxle to the wheels). The engine and transaxle (in the photos) are not mounted nor hooked up to each other.

The engine is a donor Ford 302. It’ll need a different oil pan and motor mounts to fit. Not sure of its condition except that I was told it ran.

The transaxle is experimental. It’s a rebuilt Audi 016 model (5-sp) that had the bell housing cut off and a Ford 302 bell housing welded on. The 016 is a common install for GT40 replicas.

The body is a GT40 MKI with dual triangle front cover. The driver’s door has the “Gurney Bubble” on it. The body is the correct spec for the exterior, meaning it’ll be accurate in appearance when finished. This body was in Canada for almost 2 years. A friend borrowed it to make molds from each part. That should show you how accurate this body is. 2 pictures show the body (covered in fiberglass dust) fitted together on the jigs, while up in Canada. The other pictures show the separated body parts (on the ground) as well as “resting” on the Pantera chassis.

It doesn’t have a dash or a windshield. I’ll show you where to get them. I have all the plexiglass windows, headlight covers, and rear window (above the engine). The rear bulkhead window can be easily and cheaply obtained from a glass company.

Not pictured are the snorkel scoops that go on the rear clip. These are awesome looking on the GT40. One has a hairline crack at the top/rear but it's an easy fix. I also have the original 200 MPH Pantera speedometer.

Please note that the GT40 is only 40” from the ground to the roof, so if you’re over 6’ tall you probably shouldn’t consider it. Dan Gurney was over 6’ tall and that’s where the “Gurney Bubble” came from, to fit his helmet.

There is a lot of time required to complete this project but it will save you a lot of money in the long run. Purchased GT40 kits cost around $40K to $60K just for the initial kit. That’s why I purchased all of my stuff separately over the years.

Everything is sold as-is with no guarantees. I have the 1974 Pantera title but this should be “re-titled” as a 1966 GT40 MKI. $4,500 no trades.

Email me ([email protected]) or call my cell phone at 503-593-3690. If I can’t answer my cell, leave a message and I’ll get back to you. Can't ship so pickup only. I can hold this at no charge until March, but it has to be paid in full immediately. By then my new house will be completed and it'll have to be moved.

Have fun!

John

MySpace.com - Brad & Laura GT40 for Sale - Photo 1 of 8

MySpace.com - Brad & Laura GT40 for Sale - Photo 2 of 8

MySpace.com - Brad & Laura GT40 for Sale - Photo 3 of 8

MySpace.com - Brad & Laura GT40 for Sale - Photo 4 of 8

MySpace.com - Brad & Laura GT40 for Sale - Photo 5 of 8

MySpace.com - Brad & Laura GT40 for Sale - Photo 6 of 8

MySpace.com - Brad & Laura GT40 for Sale - Photo 7 of 8

MySpace.com - Brad & Laura GT40 for Sale - Photo 8 of 8

Please disregard the snorkel scoops in this posting. I sold the last set separate of the package.

Have fun!

John Stone
Canby, Oregon
503-593-3690

Back