Build Order Question

So I have my chassis to the point where I need take the next step.

Suspension, steering, cooling, brakes, everything done.

I’m building this not as a kit but basically from scratch. I purchased a bare chassis and I’m building everything on my own.

My question is this; since the chassis is basically completed, do I buy the engine and drive train next or do I buy the body and get the body parts right?

I have a feeling I know the next step, but since this is my first build, I am reaching out to the experienced builders to advise me on what I should focus on next.

Thanks for any thoughts that you may have.

Steve

I would say loom ..... then Engine and box .... then body .... i had to refit my loom after my engine and box and it was a right pain ...

Just my experience .......

John..

That’s what I was thinking. When you say loom, do you mean just the engine loom or all wiring?

This may upset all of the builders, but I am using a coyote engine and the wiring harness is self contained.

My Tornado s loom had 5 parts to it . the main loom went through the cockpit to the engine bay .. ......... If its not seperate go for it ...

Steve you should maybe reach out to Chris from Active Power for one of his bodies. It should fit your chassis and have the proper rear shell clearance for your engine setup.

Hi George, I’ve already spoken to Chris. He has a MKII for me but I didn’t want to buy the body and have it sitting around taking up space (1 car garage). I want to get the chassis completely functional before I buy the body.

Back