CAV for sale based in UK

Marcus

Supporter
Hi Everyone,
Well if you are looking at this ad then you know CAV make an excellent stainless steel chassis replica.
Examples are very rare in the UK but occasionally cars do surface.
Manufactured in 2007 this car is finished in Speed Yellow as a tribute to Shell Oils. The car has a new UK V5 with first registration stated as 2007 on V5.
This particular example has the sort after Le Mans extra wide body and the deep single nostril front nose which significantly aids cooling for road use.
The engine is a new Crate Small Block FORD V8 that has been stroked to 347. Aluminum Heads, Roller rockers and performance cam and pistons enable the engine to exceed 450bhp.
Gearbox is the 6 speed Audi Turbo which is the standard CAV box.
Exhaust headers are ceramic coated to help cooling. The twin Fuel tanks are Aluminum not rubber.
Fully independent Rose jointed adjustable suspension sets up the Wilwood Brakes with 17" BRM look knock off alloys which on low profile Goodyear tyres give the car improved road holding.
Interior has the upgraded factory lowered floor allowing up to 6'3" drivers to pilot and an all leather interior trim includes eyelet seats, door storage compartments and fully trimmed leather dashboard.
The car has air conditioning and heater and features all period correct SMITHS gauges with a lovely thick Suede flat bottom steering wheel.
This car has had one South African owner from new and has done less that 3500 dry Kms all in South Africa..
This CAV is a very usable road car with a sensible clutch and excellent cooling system which is critical for a GT40 to be a considered for road use.
CAV GT40's have been in continual production for over 30 years and have exceptional build quality and reliability as "usable" road cars.
A new CAV would be in excess of £150,000 with this engine specification if that is you could get one ( 8 months minimum waiting time ) and then there is importing it and trying to get it IVA'ed for UK registration.
The car is being sold by a UK GT40 Enthusiast Club member and can be viewed in Southern Hertfordshire and any inspection is welcomed.
The car will feature on Collecting Cars auction www.collectingcars.com very shorty with a sensible starting price of £70k
Please note the number plate is not included in the sale.
Best of luck to those interested and if anyone would like any further details please message me on this thread or Privately as you wish.
Kind regards,

Marcus CAV Shell 1.jpgCAV Shell.jpgCAV Shell 3.jpgCAV Shell 4.jpgCAV Shell 5.jpgCAV Shell 6.jpgCAV Shell 2.jpg

Last edited:

Marcus

Supporter
Re the posted details on the car I am not at this time placing the car at auction. If anyone is interested and wanting to view then please contact me and I would be delighted to show the car and discuss a sale. Having owned and driven CAV cars this is the best and most sorted CAV I have seen and will not disappoint anyone looking for a really decent, high performance but useable 40.
Thanks and regards,
Marcus

Hi Marcus, is this the car from the Durban area? In which case I think I know the 'one owner from new' and can vouch for the TLC this car has gotten over the years.

Back