Central Texas Owners Willing to Let Me Look at Your Car?

I recently took delivery of a P4 in Austin, Texas.

I'm finding the mechanical aspects of the build to be straightforward, but some of the small details, specifically, body work, doors, bonnet, glass and trunk mounting are vague in the manuals.

If anybody local is willing to let me peek around and give me some do's and don'ts I'd be grateful. (And bring bourbon).

IMG_9172.JPG

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have a SLC but I am more than happy to have you over for a couple of beers and a chat. I am in New Braunfels 78132. PM me for contact info.
Howard Jones.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
I have a RCR40 that will be ready for paint in 2 months that you are welcome to come over to check out and kill some time. I am 15 minutes to the West of DFW airport. email gt 40 rick at yahoo (no spaces and add .com)

Just an observation Gents......this is what makes this forum one of the best there is and why even after selling my 40 I check in. Everyone is always willing to assist in any way they can. Absolutely brilliant stuff guys.

If you are in the Dallas area, you might be able to check in with the P4 by Norwood guys in Rockwall.
They make a P4 replica that might be helpful to you also. I've seen one in person and it is outstanding.
It's not a RCR product, but another resource can't hurt.

Just an observation Gents......this is what makes this forum one of the best there is and why even after selling my 40 I check in. Everyone is always willing to assist in any way they can. Absolutely brilliant stuff guys.

I agree 100%.

With just one post I received several offers to help and in person advice.

Extra thanks to Howard Jones who gave me a great chance to check out his car and gave me a lot of helpful advice.

I hope to be able to pay that back further down the line.

I am acquiring a partially built RCR P4 project and would be very interested in meeting other RCR owners/builders in central and south Texas area. I am an experienced "serial" car builder (kits and scratch-build) located in San Antonio. Glad to be on this forum.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Rob as you can see from post #2 above I am only a hour or so away. Pm me and we can exchange Ph #'s and talk. I am always interested in making new friends and looking at cars.

Thanks for the quick response, Howard. As soon as I can figure out how to PM on this forum I will send info...

Welcome to the club Rob. Feel free to reach out to me as well. My car is not too far along yet, mounted engine and trans but still have to do literally everything else.

Many thanks for all responses and generous offers to discuss and assist. Have been out of the country for several weeks but now planning to get back to work on the P4 project soon. My preliminary assessment of the car after bringing it home in July revealed numerous examples of how NOT to do things, so my initial work has been involved in undoing/correcting and improving to appropriate standards. Looking forward to meeting fellow builders/owners on this forum.

Attachments

• DSCN7599.JPG
    DSCN7599.JPG
    360.9 KB · Views: 360
Back