chassis for kellison gt40?

Hi sorry for the second post in 1 day, I am looking for some plans on making a chassis for a kellison gt40, I currently have a vw frame with a 2000cc vw engine but I was looking to upgrade to a full roll cage chassis and a frame that is capable of holding a small block ford engine (obviously it wont fit in the vw chassis) so my question is does anybody on here sell custom chassis that might work for my body? if not where could I find plans to make a chassis? Thanks for baring with me Spencer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Spencer

Others with these early GT40-like cars (Kellison, Avenger, etc) have asked the same question. Unfortunately the answer
is no and no. There is no "standard" GT40 chassis to fit
your body, and no one I am aware of sells plans/drawings.
Lonestar in Texas offered a VW based GT40...but don't know
if they still do.

You might find a local fabricator willing to cobble something cheap and dirty to fit your body, but you're taking your life in your hands. Unfortunately the logical
choices are to live with the VW platform, or sell the car
and save towards one of the newer tube frame kits.
Sorry.

MikeD

Ok Thanks for the help MikeDD I will probably try to have someone put a full roll cage in it and try to make room for the engine or whatever I can because I dont have even close to enough to buy a gt40 kit I got mine for 350 and its almost complete so I have to stay with it Thanks again.

Wow thanks Mike C that was a big help I will probably go with one of those chassis Thanks Spencer.

I'm sorry for being so off topic but does anybody know where I can find pictures of a gt40 with scissor type doors? Thanks Spencer.

Spencer,

There was a post a while back that had photos of a gull wing door replica from Germany. A scissor door wouldn't work on a GT40, because of the door's notched shape at the top of leading edge, where it meets the front clip.

Bill

Back