Clarkson takes some target practice

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
No way on the planet that Jeremy made the shot with the anti-tank weapon (or any of the others except the clay pidgeon) !!

delaneyp said:
No way on the planet that Jeremy made the shot with the anti-tank weapon (or any of the others except the clay pidgeon) !!

Agreed. In the second one there is a very obvious charge being detonated from the rear of the car

Fatal Attraction said:
Charles K,

Is this how you Brits shoot sporting clays? ;)

Bill

Hi Bill!
Not all us Brits shoot clays like the woolly-topped fellow! :D
I reckon he couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. Even with a machine gun.

Whereas I can......
[size=-8]Sometimes[/size] :shrug: :confused:

Charles :)

Does anyone have a link to a longer version of that segment? It ends at ~5 minutes, and it looks like he's about to use a larger weapon.

I'm curious how they're tossing the cars off the top of the cliffs, they have a quick shot from the top of the cliff, but no details are really shown.

ckergon said:
I reckon he couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. Even with a machine gun.

Trying to find a longer version of the segment, I found that Clarkson also narrated a show about the history of guns. In one segment he fires lots of machine gun rounds at a minivan and completely misses the van.

Here's a link to the first part of the show (it's been uploaded in 7 parts)
YouTube - Jeremy Clarkson Gun EP1 PART 1
---Ben

HI Ben -

Not sure whether the video has been posted on you tube, but there was a program on this once, that showed a 'special effects' compressed air cannon being used. As I recall they load the car onto the front of a ram arrangement, charge a tank to the required pressure using bottled nitrogen, then open a valve.... More pressure = more throw...:)

The cars were basically 'rolling shells' and had a tubular slug arrangement that located onto the ram tube.

Back