Columbus Ohio GT40?

Hello Everyone!

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a GT40 kit car. I am trying to decide between a mkI or mkII rear clip.
I think to make up my mind I would like to see one or two in person.

I am wondering if anyone active on this forum lives in Ohio and wouldn't mind showing me their car?
I am in Columbus Ohio working at Honda R&D and would love to talk.

Thanks!

Hey Walter! Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately he has retired. Also I am mostly interested in taking a look at a completed car that someone already finished. Just to help decide which look I like better.

NICK,

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH CHRIS. HE AS NOT RETIRED. HE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOMEONE TAKE OVER THE BUSINESS SOMEDAY.

HE ASKED FOR YOU TO CALL HIM AT 440-983-0772

Good luck with the purchase Nick !

If you're after a kind of truly authentic look,
The Mk2 was never a road car in period, race only.
Mk2 also has higher fenders above the front wheels in addition to the differing rear end.
1966 Mk2(a) has twin periscope scoops & a box air intake on the rear deck. 1967 Mk2(b) version deletes these.
1967 Mk2(b) has the lower part of the front centre air intake cut away to increase the size of the opening.
Mk1 can have twin small rear lamps or a larger combined light unit, per side.
Different types of road wheels between the Mk1 & Mk2.

They're some of the main differences. I can appreciate your desire to see cars in the flesh, that makes perfect sense.
Here's a couple of websites with decent photography to be going on with !

https://revsinstitute.org/the-collection/1966-1967-ford-gt40-mark-ii-b/

Regards Steve

Good luck with the purchase Nick !

If you're after a kind of truly authentic look,
The Mk2 was never a road car in period, race only.
Mk2 also has higher fenders above the front wheels in addition to the differing rear end.
1966 Mk2(a) has twin periscope scoops & a box air intake on the rear deck. 1967 Mk2(b) version deletes these.
1967 Mk2(b) has the lower part of the front centre air intake cut away to increase the size of the opening.
Mk1 can have twin small rear lamps or a larger combined light unit, per side.
Different types of road wheels between the Mk1 & Mk2.

They're some of the main differences. I can appreciate your desire to see cars in the flesh, that makes perfect sense.
Here's a couple of websites with decent photography to be going on with !

https://revsinstitute.org/the-collection/1966-1967-ford-gt40-mark-ii-b/

Regards Steve
Hey Stephen! Thanks for the link! You are right those are some great pictures. Nothing like seeing one in person though still...

J

Jacob Diemel

hi im doing a school project and wanted to know what the maximum towing capacity is for a ford gt40 and what lug nut torque is recommended

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
I am sure there was someone during period who pulled a caravan on holiday with a 40, how else would you carry luggage?

Attachments

• 00E4C057-D24C-4833-867D-199A1D6A472E.jpeg
    00E4C057-D24C-4833-867D-199A1D6A472E.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 174
hahaha very cool! The matching paint tops it off. Man, I can't wait to order mine. Still trying to sell the current car.

Back