complete LS1 engine, TFS 215cc heads, FAST 90 intake 480rwhp/430rwtq $6500

I have a used '99 Fbody LS1 (all alum) shortblock 5.7 liter with approx 60K miles on it. It is complete with everything and stock unless mods are listed. The shortblock is stock aside from Katech rod bolts (perfectly weighted and used in SCCA Vette racing) which allows it to be spun to 7,000rpm.

The mods list are approx 3K miles old (unless noted) and the heads have been fully inspected + milled for more compression before putting them on my shortblock. I bought the heads/cam/intake as a package used. I'm now building a motor for boost (1000rwhp top speed shotout setup) and no longer need this. I had a similar motor in a 2950lb RX-7 with 440rwhp/385rwtq that ran 128.3mph in the 1/4... so this should do an easy 130mph in a similar weight vehicle and even faster in a lighter one.

***Power is great from idle to about 3500... and from 4K-7K rpm this engine pulls like a raped ape as if Vtech kicked in.*** :evil:

Mods:
TrickFlow 215cc fully Cnc'd alum heads milled to 61cc (approx 11:1 compression) 91 octane is fine (best LSx technology heads on the market)
TFS proper length rolled tool steel pushrods (longer than stock)
Harlan Sharp rebuilt rocker arms (new Timken bearings)
FAST 90 intake ported by Vengeance Racing
FAST 36lb injectors *new*
Vengeance Racing *Vindicator* billet steel cam 240/244 110LSA .600" lift
Improved Racing custom oil pan baffle (helps to prevent oil starvation to the pickup tube in Fbody oil pans) *new*
GM MLS head gaskets *new*
LS2 Tchain *new*
LS6 ported oil pump *new*
Does not come with a 90mm TB! These can be purchased NEW for $300-400.

Includes:
stock fuel rail, stock FBody engine 6 speed wiring harness, tuned PCM (engine computer), all accessories, stock harmonic balancer (you can either put on an ATI Super Balancer or a cheaper unit... ATI is the best IMO but pricey), sensors, starter, no flywheel or clutch

The PCM has been tuned for 91 octane and speed density by NewTech Performance in Hayward, CA (no MAF sensor) and made 480rwhp/430rwtq in an Fbody (Camaro/Firechicken/Trans Am) when the heads weren't milled at 66cc with a T56 transmission. I imagine the head milling added 5-10rwhp and the same amount of torque.

Serious inquiries only. The best way to reach me is via email: [email protected] as I'm not on here much.

RX-Heven can vouch for my integrity/character. I took possession of his RCR SLC at my shop and have known him for the better part of 20 years. I can crate/ship this engine anywhere in the world at the buyer's expense. Free crating at no charge. Domestically I like to use Forward Air for ground transport as I've found they are the cheapest; however I'm open to using any freight company you choose.

If you don't like this cam and want something else I'm open to swapping in your cam choice at no charge if you supply the necessary parts.

For an application that sees road racing I would overfill the stock 6 quart Fbody pan by 1 quart to prevent oil pickup tube starvation as well as an Accusump setup. That would insure no problems. My old RX-7 pulled 1.13g's and I only added the additional quart without the baffle and no issues over about 6 total track days of racing. Over 8hrs of hard driving. On top of that I put 20K street miles on the engine and it never gave up the ghost. LS1's are tough motors and cheap to rebuild. This engine without clutch/flywheel should be in the neighborhood of 430lbs with all accessories/PCM/wiring.

Thank you,

Mark
San Francisco, CA

Last edited:
to the top

Leaving for TX Mile this Fri-Sun..... trying to hit 190mph n/a in a 440ci LS7 shortblock/TrickFlow235cc/FAST 90 engine/T56 in a friend's '93 RX-7. It went 10.5@140mph n/a on Nitto NT-01 275/35/18's in road race trim.

He installed a more aggressive cam and gained 40rwhp with no loss of power down low..... I imagine it will go 145mph n/a in the 1/4 mile with powershifting (full throttle no lift upshifts). Took it out the other night and it pulls extremely hard thru 4th gear (150mph).
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I sold the wiring harness from this setup. Price drop $5K firm. I will crate up at no cost; however shipping is on your dime.

[email protected]

Thank you,

Mark
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

to the top

I can't believe that nobody has scooped this up.

Of note:
The shortblock was completely torn down to install new cam bearings (I nicked one when I pulled out the stock cam) and I also installed new rod bearings at the same time. The main bearings looked fine and the rest of the motor was given a clean bill of health.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I can't believe that nobody has scooped this up.

Hi Mark -

You came to a forum that is International in nature as a complete unknown and you really expected that you'd sell it instantly?

You may have better luck on eBay or Craigs List in your area.

For my money - if I were to purchase an LSx, I would chose nothing less than an LS3 or other 4.06 bore, but that's me...

This motor Randy is pretty much one of the best bang for the bucks out there. While the LS3 bore is larger you would still spend more money to make the same power.

Dave aka RX-Heven can vouch for my character.

I have built a similar LS1 for my SL-C. Nearly identical parts and cam. It is a good bang for the buck. Reliable too! Having said that (got the LS1 a year before ordering the SL-C, and before introduction of the LS3) if I were to begin again, the LS3 would be my choice now.

Mark's engine is still a bargain for the price.

Back