Customers car...

Hey Brett- If you are still interested I can send you some pics in a few days. I have tried to post pics on forums before but always had trouble so it may be best to email you. I have molds for the door pockets if you or anyone else is interested.
Ray III

Thanks Fran.

That car is incredible looking. I keep going back to this thread to see that car. Can you tell me the size of the meatballs (side, front and rear) so I can pass the information along to my painter?

Thanks
Bill

bill I built the 1968 version of 1075 . when you refer to meat balls do you .mean the 22 inch circle on doors,hood,deck ? If so theres your answer
Ray III.

doorsml.jpg

sgnlltsml.jpg

ventsml.jpg

roofventsml.jpg
Here are some photos that have been requested by some members.

WOW!!! This is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. What a great job you have done and in such a short time frame. Simply fantistic.

Steve

Fran,

Just magnific !

I have exact same livery of the 68 winner.
To remarks/questions on the details:
Was the side light not green in stead of red?
Front spinner not smaller than rear one?

Really impressed by the door handles as this is first time I see the 'real' ones (i dont have them).

Rgds
Fred

Re: Customers car...door handles

hey brett been out of town just got back saw your post the door handle pocket was sized off pictures then traced on the door then cut out then I bulit a plug with the correct depth that fit in cut hole then I layed many

layers of fibber glass matte over wooden plug from the inside of the door

Re: Customers car...door handles

hey brett been out of town just got back saw your post the door handle pocket was sized off pictures then traced on the door then cut out then I bulit a plug with the correct depth that fit in cut hole then I layed many
layers of fiber glass over wooden plug from the inside next day pull the plug out of door finsh and smoth all edges with body filler .
The workings were a bit more trickey but I have pics of workings & cutting,fillingof stock handel&the plug made of wood . Ray III

fred the light on r quater on # 1075 should be red . Evey picture I have seen at lemans in 68 it is red . as for the spiners being to big in front your right but you tell me where I can buy them and I will thanks Ray III

Back