DSM Classifieds Thread

I think this would be a great idea so I hope you guys concur. Why not have a thread where we post our local DSM cars that are for sale. This would be a great place for some of us to search for donors as well as a great place to post a link to a car we are thinking of buying. The DSM "pros" could give their opinion whether it is a good buy or not. Some of these DSM's are incredibly modified so as I am reading what they come with, much of it I have never heard of.

For instance, what is this car worth?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/95-99-dsms-for-sale-4/1995-eagle-talon-tsi-awd-62580/

Mr. Wolfe

I know that Ron will not agree to this in the forums for sale/wanted section...rightly so...it is GT40S.com afterall

The only thing I would say is start a thread in the RCR forum and try to keep it confined to just one thread and as concise as possible.

I know that Ron will not agree to this in the forums for sale/wanted section...rightly so...it is GT40S.com afterall

The only thing I would say is start a thread in the RCR forum and try to keep it confined to just one thread and as concise as possible.

Fran, I am a little confused. I thought this is what I did. (?)

<edit> I guess my first post could be a little confusing as I reread it. I was referring to using this particular thread to post the classifieds in. Is that okay?

Mr. Wolfe

Yes ...I just want to make it clear that doing it here will be fine and if we can keep it confined to one thread of "for sale" only with no questions and a rambling stream of consciousness it will work out well...

That's not a bad car to start with. The 1995 year is the desirable year for those with annual inspections and the 95 ECU is a big seller. That being said this is an auto and a 7bolt 4g63 car. Personally I wouldn't use either on my Apex. I see the auto being more of a drag strip transmission. This car has good bolt-ons and whatever isn't used will sell on the classifieds easily. Lastly I would send the ECU to ECMtuning to have DSMlink installed instead of the current chip.

Also you can make a lot of money back by selling the desirable 2Gb body panels to those with 2Ga cars that want the later production cars' look. The AWD system is also wanted by those wishing to convert their FWDs to AWD. So you can potentially break even with this car by selling the unnecessary parts. Looks like a solid deal since you're near the seller.

Yes ...I just want to make it clear that doing it here will be fine and if we can keep it confined to one thread of "for sale" only with no questions and a rambling stream of consciousness it will work out well...

Great. :thumbsup:

That's not a bad car to start with. The 1995 year is the desirable year for those with annual inspections and the 95 ECU is a big seller. That being said this is an auto and a 7bolt 4g63 car. Personally I wouldn't use either on my Apex. I see the auto being more of a drag strip transmission. This car has good bolt-ons and whatever isn't used will sell on the classifieds easily. Lastly I would send the ECU to ECMtuning to have DSMlink installed instead of the current chip.

Also you can make a lot of money back by selling the desirable 2Gb body panels to those with 2Ga cars that want the later production cars' look. The AWD system is also wanted by those wishing to convert their FWDs to AWD. So you can potentially break even with this car by selling the unnecessary parts. Looks like a solid deal since you're near the seller.

Oh my, I somehow missed the part about it being an auto. That is a no go for me as well.

Mr. Wolfe

Lee,
As I made clear earlier....

"I know that Ron will not agree to this in the forums for sale/wanted section...rightly so...it is GT40S.com afterall
The only thing I would say is start a thread in the RCR forum and try to keep it confined to just one thread and as concise as possible. "

Keith

Wot, thread or car? :drunk:

Well, I like it - £600 with only 70k miles and a Duratec (Aston Martin/Jaguar) motor.

That is all. :2thumbsup:

Keith

Why would the RCR Forum be the wrong place to have a thread about RCR donor cars for an RCR kit car? I am lost.

Mr. Wolfe

Oooh, now you've done it! :anxious:

Down Francis down! Down I say! Get a tranquilizer dart someone quick...:uhoh:

That is all.

Why would the RCR Forum be the wrong place to have a thread about RCR donor cars for an RCR kit car? I am lost.

Mr. Wolfe

It isn't. That's what Fran told you. He said "I know that Ron will not agree to this in the forums for sale/wanted section...rightly so...it is GT40S.com after all..."

So keep it in the RCR discussion section, which is where it is.

JR

Back