Ed's chassis design v2.0

ok, so thread v1.0 got deleted due to spam bot infection :shifty:

which is kinda ok, because ive moved on significnalty in develpment since then, and well, its nice to have a fresh start.

so, nuts and bolts is:
800-900kg wet weight
proper triangulated spaceframe chassis with integrated FIA compliant ROP, OEM jza80 supra suspension, uprights, hubs + brake components, audi 2.7L TT V6 with DQS box. and not much else at this stage

i did just write a long winded thread on this, but i got logged out as i hit reply, which was annoying to say the least. ill thrash out further details in subsequent posts below. but for now... latest design pics

firstly 3d design walkthrough video:

GT40 Chassis Design v1.02 on Vimeo

still renders (basic render) you can see below as attachments...

Attachments

• GT40_v1a.jpg
    GT40_v1a.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 348
  • GT40_v1b.jpg
    GT40_v1b.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 344
  • GT40_v1c.jpg
    GT40_v1c.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 288
  • GT40_v1d.jpg
    GT40_v1d.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 274
  • GT40_v1e.jpg
    GT40_v1e.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 296
oh yeah, and david, im looking at putting a 30L fuel cell behind the main ROPs infront of the engine (audi V6 is nice and short). as its only a circuit car, and if i can get 2 laps of the nurburgring out of it per tank, ill be happy. if i ever get crazy and decide to try racing it, i could always try for 2 30L cells :)

Ed,

I cant make out exactly how you are going to build the rear part of the chassis

If you look at the plan view, you can see where the roll cage has diagonal bracing, but at the bottom of the chasis there is no diagonal bracing connecting the lower wishbone mounting points....

But If you look at the rear view of the car, you can see a diagonal structure connecting the lower wishbone mounts....

mick

mick, i grab a couple of extra renders for you... should be a bit clearer now

Attachments

• GT40_v1f.jpg
    GT40_v1f.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 258
  • GT40_v1g.jpg
    GT40_v1g.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 238
  • GT40_v1h.jpg
    GT40_v1h.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 230
This is not a critique so please don't take it as one. Are any of the tubes/braces behind the roll bar removable? I can't see how you plan to squeeze the engine past the tubing if everything is welded together.

Thanks and good luck,

Stevan

criticism is why i posted it, so flame away :)

but yeah, the main X off the back of the roll bar, plus the horizintal betwen the rear suspension would be removable :)

Back