Engine management

Hello,
what is a good system? I’m getging many mixed reviews on the fast ez 2.0?setup is most likely going to be a 351w/427 with borla stack injection.
thanks

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Joe:

I live in the Charlotte area and have a 383 stroker engine with Borla stack injection. I went with the FAST EZ 2.0 system and it was not good. Despite Charlotte being the racing capital of America, I couldn't find anyone who worked with FAST systems. So I replaced my FAST EFI with Holley Terminator X. Been super happy with that system. I'd highly recommend the Holley set-up.

PaulProe

Supporter
I run a Performance Electronics unit with my Borla system. It works really well. One of the few units that will do sequential injection if you're looking for full control of the fueling & ignition sequences. It will also do semi-sequential fuel control if you desire to run that mode.

Lots of user inputs if you are a 'control freak' and want to map or see a bunch of other inputs/data or control. They are located and manufactured in Cincinnati. They are also the supplier of the ECU's used in the Ford & SAE spec racer programs.

https://pe-ltd.com

Paul

I'm part way through the set-up and tune of my LS3 with stack injection using a Holley HP ECU in alpha-N mode - going well so far, user friendly and a huge user community/forum if you need help.

As a side note, a thing to be aware of is that while the common speed density fuel strategy (using MAP sensor to calculate engine load) is fine for ITBs on a race car that is run mostly wide open, it is less ideal on the street. For street driven engines with ITBs alpha-N fuel strategy (using TPS to calculate engine load) is recommended as it gives you much better tuning resolution at part throttle and is not impacted by fluctuating or unstable vacuum. Alpha-N tuning is more involved and takes more time. Even a great ECU will struggle in speed density mode with an engine that idles at 50-60 KPI and is reading atmospheric at everything between 30%-100% throttle angle. A common misconception is that alpha-N is only for huge camshafts - it is for any intake combination where vacuum under the throttle plates is not a reliable indicator of load.

Cheers, Andrew

Joe:

I live in the Charlotte area and have a 383 stroker engine with Borla stack injection. I went with the FAST EZ 2.0 system and it was not good. Despite Charlotte being the racing capital of America, I couldn't find anyone who worked with FAST systems. So I replaced my FAST EFI with Holley Terminator X. Been super happy with that system. I'd highly recommend the Holley set-up.
I was looking at the holley terminator X MPFI kit, is that what your running?
Thanks

Joe, that's correct. Terminator X MPFI. I purchased that through Prestige Motorsports in Concord, NC.
Hello Joe,
can you tell me where the Terminator gets its crank position from ?
does it come with Chopper wheel / crank sensor
or give spec on what is required ?
Thanks for your time.. ( based in Wales in UK )
jERRY

Hello Joe,
can you tell me where the Terminator gets its crank position from ?
does it come with Chopper wheel / crank sensor
or give spec on what is required ?
Thanks for your time.. ( based in Wales in UK )
jERRY
Hi Jerry,
Its through the dual sync holley distributor part # 565-201.
Joe

My Fast system seems to have taken a dump and their tech team offer no support and are discontinuing producing. I am looking to swap it out for a Holley Terminator X suitable for street use. Anyone out there with advice? I’m running a Ford Boss 302 with Borla eight stack.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I'm part way through the set-up and tune of my LS3 with stack injection using a Holley HP ECU in alpha-N mode - going well so far, user friendly and a huge user community/forum if you need help.

As a side note, a thing to be aware of is that while the common speed density fuel strategy (using MAP sensor to calculate engine load) is fine for ITBs on a race car that is run mostly wide open, it is less ideal on the street. For street driven engines with ITBs alpha-N fuel strategy (using TPS to calculate engine load) is recommended as it gives you much better tuning resolution at part throttle and is not impacted by fluctuating or unstable vacuum.
Cheers, Andrew

+1 Andrew. I'm using this Holley set-up, except using speed-density instead of alpha-N. I'd like to PM you and get an idea what your fuel chart
looks like if you don't mind. I wouldn't mind trying out the alpha-N. I don't seem to have any issues with the speed-density, but have tied the 8 vacuum signals (from each ITB) into a common plenum (the hollow throttle wheel mounting post). So the signal seems to be sufficient being it idles fine, and transitions well to WOT. Works great on the street, or on the track.

Last edited:
Back