ERA Build Pictures

I've finally gotten around to uploading some of the many pictures we've taken since starting on the car in Jan. this year.
You can see them HERE .

We're ready to start on the exhaust system next week. It's the last major part of the puzzle.

Here's a couple of photos. The paint was finished in May. The electric water pump/piping was finished today.
Yes, it's a Cleveland.

23189664-4094-02000180-.jpg

23189678-8a92-02000180-.jpg

23188845-bf08-02000180-.jpg

23188544-fb5d-02000180-.jpg

23190050-b86c-02000180-.jpg

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Dave !!!!!

A VERY VERY impressive build up, and excellent job on documenting the build up. From what I can see, your car has everything but the kitchen sink. I did however locate the kitchen stove, and oven in picture 03080409. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also an excellent choice of colors, it looks GREAT !! Keep up the excellent work !!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian

Dave,

The car looks great, I like the Blue-Black and Aluminum look. Now just change those springs for some blue one's (ha ha). Well I like the look and may steal it for my car. Keep up the good work and keep us posted with your progress.

VERY COOL Dave!! The car looks absolutely awesome! Enjoy it as they are a blast to drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dave-

Your car is immaculate. I have always admired the quality and authenticity of the ERA. I wish my wallet could afford such. Congrats on having a truly beautiful car.

Bill D

Howard Jones

Supporter
I find it interesting that you seam to have placed you AC condensor at the rear of the car. On my GTD I have a great deal of hot air leaving the engine bay in this area. Have you since added baffeling or some other method of venting all this heat without blowing it thru the condensor? The panteras had a condensor in the rear of the car but it was seperated from the heat of the engine bay by a bulkheard. This is really wonderful work! I hope to get a closer look at it someday. On second look that a oil cooler isn't it. Boy thats a big one! VERY nice job!

HILLY

Supporter
Dave,

That is something to be proud of.
I am sure that you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
Love the colour.

Dave

Looking good. You are on fire with the build. I've never seen one go together that quick. My GT40 is out the jigs and they are working on the body. I'm hoping for the end of the year for a delivery..

Howard
That is the oil cooler hanging off the back. condenser is in the front of the radiator.

LLoyd

Thanks all. Every spare moment has went into the car since getting it in Jan.
The paint is House of Kolor. The car was actually painted twice. The first time, we tried using Kandy blue but didn't like how it turned out. So, the wife and I spent a week sanding all the paint back off (using DA sanders). The HOK clear is really tough! In all, we lost about a month resanding and painting again. The paint we ended up using is still HOK, but not Kandy. You can't tell from the pics, but it is a metallic paint, and it looks different colors in different lighting. It sometimes looks bright blue, sometimes violet or almost purple. The white stripe is also metallic/pearl.

The last month or so has been devoted to details and fabrication. The Cleveland engine fits, but fits tightly. 1/4" clearance between various parts is wonderful. The wife and I have made everything fit, but it's like a puzzle and takes time. All the water piping on the front of the engine had to be fabricated. The Davies Craig water pump actually made that a lot easier.
I'm running dual Aeromotive fuel pumps. I had to fabricate special short elbows and bulkhead type fitting to fit them into the space available.

The EFI and switches on the steering wheel just about doubled the amount of wiring in the car.

The goal now is to have the car on the road before snow.

Yes, that is the oil cooler in the back of the car.

Back