Era gt40 #2041 gulf car (replica)

Hello, I want to say hello to the community. I'm proud to say I found an ERA GT40 GULF built Right Hand Drive. Complete with (0) miles. The car has been in storage for 15 years. The Motor is a Kuntz & Craft 408.SB Windsor 300rod Venolia Dish Pistons. The build sheet is to long to rattle off right now. The Gearbox ZF 5DS-25/2. The story goes like this, a Dr. RI. sold me the car out of his collection on the 5th of July. I've been looking for a good project and a thought this would be a strong TRACK car. I'm a PCA member and my 1st Passion is Porsche however FORD's & Vintage Racing footage attracted me to the GT40 Gulf cars. I'm going to have tons of question and will be looking for some advise along the way. I hope you all can help. I'll start by posting some photos. I'll be sorting the car over the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to many laps at LIMEROCK to get her broke in...

Hi Toni -

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisition.:thumbsup:

There's loads to see and read about 40s and many other historically interesting marques on here and you'll not find a better resource on the net. (IMHO) It's inhaibitants are generally very friendly and always looking to help wherever possible with helpful advice and support.

As always, do make use of the search facility as there have been many many topics discussed at length before but certainly ask if you're unsure about anything or would like a second opinion.

I look forward to reading more about your 40 and especially viewing pictures etc etc

Enjoy your stay.

ps - when you get on track, do think about fitting a video system as it makes great viewing for fellow enthusiasts..

Welcome Toni! Post some pictures, please. I second Paul's comments about build questions. Several members race their cars and I am sure that they can offer good advice. If you are rebuilding the car, be sure and post a build site for all to see.
Garry

Yes, I have IO Port mount for roll bar but ma have to adapt it to mount to the dash or rear firewall? It's going to be a while till she runs & is ready for the track. I'm going over to ERA in New Britain Ct. this morning to see if I can order a Distributer Cap, Bundle of Snakes & have the 40 gone over by the factory. My car was built in 91-93 by the factory. They Installed the gearbox & motor. Like I said in my post this build has been on hold for close to 15 years. So I hope the motor turn over and still has compression.:thumbsup:

Here are some photo's of the GT40.

Attachments

• L1000202_2.jpg
    L1000202_2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 494
  • L1000201_2.jpg
    L1000201_2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 355
  • L1000203_2.jpg
    L1000203_2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 377
  • L1000204_2.jpg
    L1000204_2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 347
Congratulations Toni!

As an Era 427 (#672) owner and former CT resident, I can say for certain that you won't be let down by the quality and support from ERA. Good luck, and say hi to Peter for me.

All is looking good so far! Went over to ERA today a hung with Peter & Ted for a bit. Really nice guys. Killer Cobras & GT40's. I saw 3 other right hand drive cars. Working on bringing the GT40 up to Tubular Automotive for a custom fit Bundle Of Snakes... Hopefully 1st halve of next week. Limerock has some noise restrictions so I'm thinking I need a modular option for Megaphones Or Mufflers... Can't wait to see this all come together. :thumbsup:

Toni - You're right on the noise factor at Lime Rock,it's more stringent than most. There are several of us forum members with cars being worked on or already on the road right here in Connecticut. If you need a hand with something, don't hesitate to call. I'm centrally located so you can't be that far away in a state that's only 50x100. A.J.

Toni:

Ah, another ERAGT victim. Welcome to the insanity. Feel free to e-mail with any questions [email protected].

My ERAGT2077 is up at the shop for a few touches before heading out to Road America next week for the Vintage Races there.

Do put the vintage races, Labor Day weekend at Lime Rock on your calendar. There is a Shelby Car Show on Sunday and usually a good turnout of replicas Cobra's and GTs.

Jim

Hi Jim & Al, Thanks so much for the support. It was a big deal for me to stretch to own a GT40 in this economic situation. The buyers market helped. Jim, is your GT40 the Dark Blue with Orange Stripe? Oversize Rear Tires on Blacked out rims? If so it's a hell of a nice car. Well done!! I want to hear your pipes. The cherry bomb style mufflers your running may be enough for LIMEROCK?

Back