Exhausts - where are they ??

You guys are absolutely right about this one. I've requested that George do one of 2 things by the end of the day (4/2) One being give me a tracking number for my pipes or 2 a tracking number for the check for the refunded money. Needless to say neither has happened. So I will not play this game any longer I have contacted a lawyer who suggested that I gather as many names of people as possible that are still left hanging. So, that is what I am asking for. By the end of this week I would like to have all that have been burned by George contact me so that on Monday morning I can meet with my lawyer and proceed with the class action suit. From just the brief conversation with him today, we should be able to recoup not only our money for the pipes,but money wasted on numerous phone calls, potential earnings on the spent money,time wasted and put a huge blemish on his business. He also said that if I'd like he'll take the matter up with the BBA just to "drive the nail home" In his words, "we can make his life as uncomfortable as I would like" and I for one will have no problems sleeping at night knowing that a lier and a thief has gotten what he's asked for. I don't want people to take this wrong, I'm not being irrational about this, I have been lied to about deliver since June or July of 2001! I have tried being nice and understanding but some people just don't get it, so this is what I'm left with. I have warned him that this is where everything was headed and allowed him 2 1/2 more weeks to complete the job but...oh well
Please contact me ASAP so that I don't miss anyone when the papers get sent. Don't be the nice guy and sit on the sidelines we should all come forward now and take care of this once and for all. If we all chip in the fees should be minor and then again if we play our cards right we should be able to get that money back also.
Thanks,
John

G

Gents

I received an E-mail from Bruce at MicroCoat.
He says he's shipping to me, Gordon, Bob
Lawrence, Fran Hall, and Hershal this week.

I also e-mailed Bruce back and asked if he has the material for the others guys.
I'll post his response.

Bruce works in the shop and is rather busy
since he lost a few employees. So he prefers
e-mails to phone calls.

His e-mail is... [email protected]

MikeD

G

Gents

MicroCoat advises that they have no other
material currently in-house from George,
although they understand more is coming.
The question is when?

MicroCoat also suggests the systems be wiped with good metal polish (Mothers, Simichrome,
Wenol, etc) prior to startup to remove any
fingerprints that might burn into the coating

MikeD

G

PLEASE GO TO WWW.CLUB COBRA.COM AND LOOK UNDER CONSUMER ALERT AND SEE IF THIS MIGHT HELP AND THEN LET ME KNOW.

JAY

I've known George for a few months now and he has been fair and straightforward with me. He made some fuel sponson top demo's for me to compare my fuel tops / you might call them the rocker sills(must have the 3 ribs spaced just right) free of charge - even shipped them to me and we have exchanged ideas and photo's. He also does nice work. Sounds like a timing problem - might cut him a bit of slack.

I just thought I would let you guys know.
George called me today and said my
silencers are on the way. He gave me a
Fed-ex tracking number and sure nuff they
are in transit.

Hersh
smile.gif

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Happy to hear that you have packages on the way. I just wish he'd give me a call or send me an email and tell me WHEN I'll get the roll bar I've paid for ... or better yet, send me a tracking number too!!!

For any of you who run out of patience and sue, I can deliver highly accurate "Bundle of Snakes" exhaust system within three weeks. Some of you have received an email with photos from me already, but anyone may feel free to call me for details at (248) 705-3586. Good Luck!

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
I just received an email from George. He said nothing about the full-width roll bar I've had on order, but he did say he was going to get onto the forum and defend himself.

We'll see .........

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Yet another update: I just rec'd an email from George. George said that there were some headers going out in this morning's mail and that my roll bar would be going out in Wednesday morning's mail.

(Keeping my fingers crossed.)

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
I shoke to Gordon Levy this morning and he told me that a box of exhaust parts had just arrived at his shop with a bill for shipping ( all up the shipping has cost US $ 235 ). I dont know what the box contained or if they fit but as the initiator of this thread I am glad to FINALLY see some movement of parts. The sad thing is that only this sort of mass protest was good enough to get the work completed.

This is one of the main reasons that I was so behind the starting of this forum. I think that there are a lot of poor impressions of the "kit car" industry out there and this forum is one way of keeping people honest.

A victory to all !!!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
(sniff, sniff)

I haven't rec'd my roll bar nor have I heard from George that the roll bar has shipped.

(sniff, sniff)

(Still keeping fingers crossed!)
smile.gif

G

FYI

I did get my cannister (muffler assy) today.
It does look nice. Now let's see how it fits.

MikeD

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Got a USPS tracking number from George, my roll bar should be here next week.

Has everyone else got the stuff they've ordered from Kustom?

Ron Earp

Admin
Haven't received mine, ordered April 6th 2001 and paid for in full. George did indicate through email that they would be coming in 2 weeks, although uncoated. This is quite a disappointment as it just means more work to get them to the point they should be - finished and ready to use.

Ron

[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp - Administrator ]

Ron,
You're in the same boat as I am, except mine should be on the way. Hopefully this is behind us.
John

Back