Fair price for a RF GT40?

Jonathan,

I thought you were going to slot the Gixxer motor into a superkart frame!?!

Nice power to weight ratio.

Hey Troy.

Yeah, i hear you on the Gixxer / go Kart thing.... It will happen. Just need some hours in the day that we concentrate on more personal projects.... you will be involved in that project!
(GSX-R 1000 engine in a go kart... silly really...)
Kind of similar to puting a 600hp (compliant) supercharged 5.4 litre quad cam modular Ford V8 engine in a triangulated chassis RF GT40 replica...... We can do that tomorrow!
The kart development is further behind.
I want to work on both - all day, and night.
I'll keep you informed.
Jonathan.

Thanks guys for an entertaining discussion.

I guess at the end of the day a GT40 replica appears to have good resale value and the rarity of them will preserve that. BTW I am not personally in the market for a GT40 at the moment but my father is. He used to own a DRB GT40 that he sold to Steve Shedden a few years ago and would like to buy another.. However, as much as he loves the GT40, at nearly $150k even he questions his love!

cheers
Now up for sale...

Really how unique would a ferrari be to a GT? They are both hand built quality engineered performance cars. Just because the GT was hand built by someone that was not paid to build it would make it worth less? The individual building his own car is generally competitent mechanically and has assistance of groups and individuals that are highly qualified builders. When it comes right down to it no one will take more care and have more pride in the construction of the car than the person doing his own.
Just my .02
Jim N

Back