Fat Larry's GTR Build

Good morning all after almost 3 yrs of building off and on she is finally coming home Allan is on his way from Connecticut to drop her off, as you can see from the Photo she turned out amazing. I have to say thanks again to Allan and his team for all the hard work I am very anal and want things a certain way and these guys worked with me to get it done, once she is here I will take more pictures. Kurtiss you are next
 

Attachments

Went to the scale on Saturday for a weight we are right at 3200 lbs even I didn’t think the car would weigh this much being alum and fiberglass and yes that is with out the fatman in the drivers sit
 
Trying to clean up some loose ends today had the enhanced inspection done and all the paperwork which I still need one more piece from Fran and I should be good. Put the engine cover on and now time to more to the new AC compressor to work with the Vintage Air System she don’t like the variable displacement compressor that comes with the Ecoboos.
 

Attachments

So with trying to use modern technology in the recent builds I came across another hurdle how do I get the Ecoboost AC Compressor to work with the Vintage Air. Normally the Vintage Air systems work with a constant displacement compressor the Ecoboost has a variable compressor. After reading a ton of info on the Variable units it appears they have a control solenoid that allows Freon to flow at different flow rates depending on cabin temp. They use a pulse modulation signal to control the solenoid so I said why not fake the solenoid into thinking it needs full flow all the time and make it a constant displacement compressor. So today was the day to try the theory out, I wired in the PMS and gave it a shot as you can see I am getting 37 degree air out of the vents so hopefully this will do the trick and I can have OEM like AC System.
 

Attachments

So I had a few of the gauges not working when we finished the car here it turns out when Speedhut sent me my set they thought it was for a real Ford Supercar so I just needed to send them back and get them rewired for the RCR application all good now
 
Top