Ford Quadcam injection and gbox questions

Hi Guys,
I have just bought myself a brand new 5ltr ford Quadcam Engine - its friggin massive!!

I would like to fit an 8 stack fuel injection system to it and was wondering if you american lads know of any companies who do them? I may not need the Wiring loom and ECU as i can sort that out in the UK.
If there arent any readily available 8 stack injection systems thats within my budget then the alternativ would be to fabricate my own system using off the shelf throttle bodies or even fabbing those too. I believe the cheapest way would to have all 8 stacks ending in a common plenum with one throttle plate at one end going to an air filter, If i go this option i would like to fit a sealed perspex type see through cover as seen on some of those V8 radical engines so you can see the trumpets! Does anyone know how you would go about manufacturing that kind of thing? I can draw it no problem but cant really think of an inexepensive way to make it!

The other issue i currently have is mating it up to a gearbox, to save costs i am going to produce my own adapter plate, is there anyone out there with the porsche G50 bolt pattern and mounting face drawings? I will soon have the positions of the quadcam bellhousing face and bolt hole positions so i can swap if anyone is interested!

Regards,
Mudgey

Hi Mudgey,

If you really want lower costs you could go for a audi transaxle (016,01e,01x), they are much cheaper, even a new 01x you can buy, here in Holland, for 1700 euro, that's aprox. 1400 gbp. If you can't get one in the UK I can help you with one from Holland.
Here are some dimensions for a g50-03 from a porsche 964 5-speed non LSD (credit to Thomas Rouw @ kitcarclub.nl):

a_458.jpg

a_457.jpg

Greetz,

Bram Boekestein
Holland

Re: Ford Quadcam injection

Hey, what's budget got to do with 8-stack injection :)

Kinsler makes a really sexy unit.

Also, I don't know if your planning a lot of mods with the Ford motor, but Sean Hyland has a pretty good book out "How to build Max-Performance 4.6-liter Ford Engines"

I enjoyed reading it a lot, and he went into a lot of the detail that many guys overlook in a performance book.

Last edited:
If you want an 01x, I think there's still a brand new one for sale on the enthusiastst club site for £1500.

Simon

Back