Front sway bar?

Another question... How necessary is the front sway bar? My plans for the car are to drive it on the street and probably a test and tune or open track day at the local race track. Trying to decide now as it will have an implication on the AC lines. Thanks

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Not necessary unless you are planning on pushing the car pretty hard...there is plenty of adjustablity in the suspension with the shocks you have to make the car work well...

If you want sway bars you really need to add front and rear to be able to balance the car....front vs rear

Before I consume space in the front, where do the sway bars mount, inside the nose section or under it. Is it a simple bolt on?

Anyone have pictures?

Mark B.

Supporter
Shameless plug -- I have a new set for sale in the classified section, pretty steeply discounted as I decided to change the focus of my car :)

No pics installed, unfortunately, sorry!

Mark

I have a set of the new design on the way, sorry. Can you tell where they would fit in terms of location? Do they go under the front end or thru the front needing space planning within the nose section?

Thanks

We mounted the front sway bar through the front section. Bolt on design that utilizes .250" plate inside the front bulkhead for added support. The design uses the splined bar from Fran with special arms and adjustable end links.

kaler-front swaybar bracket.jpg

Anyway to see the impact inside the box. As I lay thing out, I need to make sure not to place things in the way. I have to place the lift pump and AC in there as well still. Looks like battery is out f the question now.

Thanks

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The factory basically offers no assistance with the mounting of the street style sway bars. Nobody has ever documented how to go about mounting them. The control arms have no mounting points for the end links. What a complete waste of a $1000.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
All you get for your money is two sway bars, 4 bushings and straps and 4 end links. There are no brackets/adapters for the control arms. Absolutely no idea how to mount the end links to the control arms.

Back