GEN3 coyote in my RCR GT-R

I am looking for some advice on the motor for my GT-R. I have been shopping around for holiday deals and found a great one at CJ Ponyparts. they had 10% off for veteran's day, but not on the complete crate motor like I planned to buy. they did have the discount on the already on sale long block, so I got that for $6100. I also got the 10% off the FMS control pack and OEM intake.
So now I need some suggestions on the additional parts I need. I would like to add some performance upgrades later, maybe even supercharge, so I might as well buy them now.
if anyone has any suggestions on the following parts I need based on research or firsthand experience please let me know.
I was also wondering if all the tuners work ok with the Ford control pack? I assume I will need a tune if I change injectors, etc...
here are the parts I need to finish the long block:
- Intake Manifold
- Throttle Body
- Fuel Rails
- Fuel Injectors
- Water Pump Pulley
- Alternator
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Flywheel or Flexplate
- Engine Wiring
thanks in advance, Jim

Hey Jim,
Not sure about everything else on your list but when I was looking into tuning the Ford Control Pack, the local to me and highly recommended tuner told me he will not do the Ford Control Packs any longer. I can't remember the reason. Maybe someone else can chime in on the issue. Just something to consider, if mixing up parts and needing a tune down the road. Check with your local guy to be sure it won't be a problem before you get to deep in it.

I really wanted the Holley Dominator Max, but it is only for GEN1 and GEN2. I contacted Holley and they dont have plans for a GEN3

Jim: I don't know that this will help given you've got a Gen 3 Coyote, but I have a complete Gen 2 Coyote EFI setup (manifold, injectors, rails, TB, TBW gas pedal), complete engine wiring harness, complete under hood and dash harnesses, ECU, and O2 sensors from a 2017 Mustang GT. All these items were freed up when I decided to go with a Ingelese 8 stack and Holley Terminator X EFI system for my Miura project. If you, or anyone else has an interest in these parts, speak up. Like I started with, I don't think these will work for Gen 3 engine, but just in case you might also have a line on a Gen 2 engine, I thought I'd mention it.

This is what happens when santa comes early and is too lazy to deliver to the shop. We recently redid the back yard so it is just dirt(mud) so this is the sleigh and reindeer I found to help me move it the 75ft in the snow.
This is as close as I can get the motor for now, need to source some more parts.

Attachments

• moving motor in snow.jpg
    moving motor in snow.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 120
  • motor next to.jpg
    motor next to.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 125

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I think you just took the record for the biggest crate size! Congratulations!

Back