Greetings from St. Louis, MO and Stanford, CA

Hey all. Just wanted to give a hello from St. Louis, MO (where I'm from) and Stanford, CA (where I go to school).

When I arrived in a tiny town in Missouri where my grandpa lives, I saw a car sitting in the grass beside the road with a for sale sign on it. I spun in my seat to figure out what kind it was, but my mom was in a hurry to get down for Christmas stuff, so I couldn't figure it out. When leaving, we stopped by the car and walked around it - it was one hell of a car. Along the side, painted in white, was Ford GT40. I didn't know anything about Ford GT40's, and an hour of searching around the internet has taught me a few things, but not everything, so I wanted to continue my search here.

The enigma of this car is that it says, painted on the windshield, that it's a 1970, but there are very few pictures of 1970's. It also looks like the hole for the gas tank is right in the center of the car, which I haven't seen in any pictures either. Despite this, the lights, the side, and the general shape are quite clearly a GT40. I'm going to poke around the forums here, see what I can turn up. The car isn't in very good shape, but I'm putting some serious thought into buying it, storing it, and when I get the money (I am only 21 and so don't have the funds to restore a car yet), fixing it up.

Eddie, take some pictures and post them here on the forum. Someone here on the forum will figure out what it is. If you want to know about GT40's , this is the place!

Back