GT40 at Laughlin

Here are some pics..

25223386-4864-028001E0-.jpg

25223387-f648-028001E0-.jpg

25223503-3429-028001E0-.jpg

25222901-3bdc-02000180-.jpg

I'm sorry I forget the owners name. Met to many new people this weekend. And I'm not getting any younger.

Mike

Hi MikieC,
Thanks for posting the photos. That is Ben Miller's beautiful GT. I really wished I was able to make it but there was no way I could repair my GT that quickly.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hersh,

Ginny and I both had empty seats??

Ben's GT was beautiful. His Cobra was not to bad either. I was surprised the GT did not take any awards. Maybe next year I'll show up with out a car and be a judge.

Anyway, We missed you, especially Sat. night for our parking lot round table.

Mike
P.S. I still need to get you that computer.

Hersh,

You're right, that's my GT after traveling exactly 1100.6 miles from Oklahoma for the Laughlin Show. While the Cobra has been on many trips this was the first real road test for the 40. Both of the cars ran like a pair of fine watches, never missing a beat. Didn't get to really test either car on the way out as we were running with a pack of other Okies. On the trip home we decided to play around a little bit (Good Lord, where in hell did all of the New Mexico highway cops come from, They were everywhere. But when we got into West Texas, the fun started. The Cobra was running the front door when at approxinately 110 MPH, I plled out and got on the pedal. The 40 literally blew my Snake off the road. A fwe seconds later, ss I got off the throttle, a quick glance at the speedmeter showed my speed at 155. My buddy, in the Cobra, called me on the radio and said ihat if he hadn't seen it he would never have believed that any car could accelerate like the GT40 did. It was a fun week, Hersh. Wish you could have been there.

MikeD,

The motor is a 347 stroker with a fuel injection systen rhat was custom built by Pantera Enterprises in Castle Rock, CO. The engine wsa asembled by a buddy here in Okalhoma and it turned out 415HP on the Chassis Dyno with 405 lb/ft torque.

Ben

Back