GT40 Chassis drawings

It looks like you DON'T need AutoCAD. They are AutoCAD generated, but they are also available in JPEG format (hard to control scale when printing though). That GT40 frame looks pretty minimal in my opinion.

The drawings are from a con artist in Canada, his name is Brian Wolf, He runs a fraud company called Toys for really Big boys. I am one of his victims! There is a fellow who built most of the frame, he found many errors in the plans.

Sorry to hear you got burned.I only want to use the plan as a guide only.I installed the Progecad above,i can load the Diablo frame drawing but i am having the same problem as i did with the Solidworks i can display the frame drawing,i can add a line etc but can,t remove/change anything from the original drawings,same problem in Solidworks, so i thought must be the drawings?? so i tried to change a sample in Progecad same thing What am i doing wrong GraemeS

I opened number 10, 15, and number 16 they are Brian Wolf's drawings. They are all auto cad dwg files. I had no problem modifying, however I opened them in auto cad 2004. Any program that will read and write to .DWG file should be able handle the job. If you are unable to find a program, I have a hard copy of the Gt40 drawings and would be happy to make them available to you. E-mail me at [email protected]
I will also put in touch with the fellow who has completed this frame, and has made the necessary changes

Thanks for the offer of the hard copy ,i am finding out a Cad course is going to be the best way to come to grips with this project, i am going to spend the weekend playing, with the cad, i'll drop you an email after that if i don't have any luck, problem is i'm on the other end of the world so getting a hard copy would not be easy,i'll keep you posted.

Best Regards
GraemeS

Hi,

I too am interested in using these drawings as the basis of my chassis designs. I'll probably have to make some modifications to enable me to use the running gear available in the UK.

Any details of what the errors on the drawings are?

Cheers

Paul

[ QUOTE ]
I opened number 10, 15, and number 16 they are Brian Wolf's drawings. They are all auto cad dwg files. I had no problem modifying, however I opened them in auto cad 2004. Any program that will read and write to .DWG file should be able handle the job. If you are unable to find a program, I have a hard copy of the Gt40 drawings and would be happy to make them available to you. E-mail me at [email protected]
I will also put in touch with the fellow who has completed this frame, and has made the necessary changes

[/ QUOTE ]

I've PM'd you.

Rick

Paul, The fellow who has built the frame from these plans lives in BC Canada, I will E-mail him and see if he has made modifications to his set of plans, or just made modifications to his project as he constructed it. At any rate I will see if he will share this info with us.

Mike

[ QUOTE ]
Paul, The fellow who has built the frame from these plans lives in BC Canada, I will E-mail him and see if he has made modifications to his set of plans, or just made modifications to his project as he constructed it. At any rate I will see if he will share this info with us.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mike, you're a gent.

I'll obviously understand if your friend doesn't want to share his info, but it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

I've opened the .dwg files in SolidEdge. Looks interesting...

Intend to make a balsa model (1/18th scale) based on this just to get some ideas.

Back