GT40 display at Silverstone 24 Hours 2007?

Malcolm

Supporter
I am planning my attack on the Silverstone 24 Hours again.

This year it is happening on the 8th/9th September. Qualifying is on the 7th.

I have been talking with the organisers about a GT40 display and close to pits parking. They are keen to do something with us if we can get over 10 cars together.

The event is the UK's only major 24 hour race and once in the circuit, your ticket will give you access to all areas (bar BRDC buildings!). This includes pits and paddock for all cars in the complete program.

Apart from the racing and the obligatory fun fair, there is also an air display planned.

Anyone from the UK clubs or forum who comes, and I succeed with my sponsorship package, who then comes to say hi at our pit garage would be most welcome to come in and stick your nose out the front into pit lane (don't cross the line though), subject to there being no car action in the garage itself at the time.

No parade laps have been offered unfortunately.

However if you want to come, you need to register your interest here so I can coordinate tickets and vehicle passes.

I will not be using this as an exercise to raise race funds from you but I remember some years back now when we use to get tickets and access to the BPR series of endurance races and how much fun it all was. As you can suspect, a row of GT40's has great impact even in a race paddock.

SILV 01

Last edited:

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
As you know my '40 is waiting for an engine transplant but I'll certainly take it to Silverstone even it is just for the drive.

Anybody else up for it?

Hi Malc

As last year (and the previous dozen or so) - I'll be at The Brighton Speed Trials with Roy's GTD40 - However, I like the Britcar Event, so I'll definately make the effort again to travel up from Brighton after the event is over.

I'll try again this year to get some pics/vid onto the web to keep those interested posted. (don't blow it up!!)

Anyone thinking of going - MAKE THE EFFORT!! - it's well worth it as you get a great selection of cars, at all levels, PLUS, you can get up real close to the pit action too - overall a great event. So pop along and support all those involved with the team Malc is competing in.....:)

ps - put my name on a ticket please......;)

Anyone else....?

Back