GT40 kit car questions and consideations

Hello all, new member here so I would like to introduce myself. My name is Tim Hoffer and I inherited my love of Ford's from my father, John, who was alive and filled the Ford total performance era of the sixties quite closely. I have had the dream of building a GT40 replica for as long as I can remember. In the next 5 years I would like to bring this dream to fruition. I have been looking closely at the kits produced by Chris Ardern of Active Power Cars and have been considering purchasing one of his kits. I'm just a regular guy, with the skills it takes to build and fab just about anything I can dream up, on a working man's salary. If I could make my dream a reality, it seems that the Ardern kits are the best "bang for the buck" kits currently produced. If anybody has any advice on other kits I should consider, or those of you who have any experience with the Ardern cars would like to chime in please feel free to bend my ear as I appreciate and am open to all advice on the topic. Thanks everybody.

There are several forum members who built Active Power GT40s. I finished mine recently and would highly recommend it. Great car and most importantly Chris’ support and help. He is very easy to work with and will build what you want.

Back