GT40 MKIII Engine Bay Pictures

Hello,

Does anyone have any photos or know where I can find them showing the detail of the MKIII engine bay?

I am stripping and detailing my engine bay at the moment and want to try and keep it as close to the original as possible.

Thanks,

Ed

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
There are some Mk III pictures in the gallery. Search for Petersen. I don't think there is much that shows the engine bay though.

That's really helpful thanks. My car is going to be on display at this years Goodwood Festival of Speed and we're trying to make it look as good as possible.

Regards,

Ed

Right, well now I am confused, I've seen some with satin finish valve covers and this one with chrome. Mine has a chrome finish at the moment. If you want to see the car it's on my website - www.shmooautomotive.co.uk

Thanks for all the help chaps.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I've seen some with satin finish valve covers and this one with chrome. Mine has a chrome finish at the moment.

Ed,
I guess it's whatever floats your boat. Most of the original Mk III' s have different valve covers.
Here are examples for your perusal:

1103 - Mickey Thompson alloy
1105 - Chrome Hipo
1107 - Polished ribbed standard alloy
1108 - Ford ribbed alloy
1113 - Mickey Thompson alloy
1129 - Cobra alloy

Mike Pass

Supporter
I just found this pic in my collection. Hope it helps. It is of an original Mk3 that was shown at Pebble Beach in 2003. I don't how "originally accurate" the car is.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Blue mk3W.jpg
    Blue mk3W.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,076

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,
That car is P1105 again.
Edit : it could be P1102 ( Holley Carb ?)

Last edited:
Back