GT40 replica granada front upgrade?

I have a KCCGT40 South African car using the normal Cortina, Granada front setup. Front is VERY soft, hits the deck when I brake. I would like to replace the big coils and std shocks using decent replacement parts if possible? Is the GTD using a similar front supension setup? I have tried to search first of course:shy:

hendrik

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Hendrick,
I'm not quite sure what you have on your car. The early KVA used the cortina front suspension which has pressed steel wishbones and big coil springs. The GTD has the Granada Mk2 forged steel uprights, fabricated tubular wishbones and coilover shocks. It would be helpful if you could post some pics to show what setup you have. The simplest answer would seem to be to get a set of stronger front springs made up and try them out. More radical things can be done which involve chopping off the front frame and replacing with something more like the original GT40 arrangement.
Cheers
Mike

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Hendrick
Try Microsoft Office Picture Manager or download a graphics utility from the web. Incidentally where are you in SA? We have family in St Francis bay near Port Elizabeth.
Cheers
Mike

Hi Hendrik !

Is yours like this?

Regards, Mike S

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 564
Hi Hendrick,
I'm not quite sure what you have on your car. The early KVA used the cortina front suspension which has pressed steel wishbones and big coil springs. The GTD has the Granada Mk2 forged steel uprights, fabricated tubular wishbones and coilover shocks. It would be helpful if you could post some pics to show what setup you have. The simplest answer would seem to be to get a set of stronger front springs made up and try them out. More radical things can be done which involve chopping off the front frame and replacing with something more like the original GT40 arrangement.
Cheers
Mike

My car has the KVA setup, I'm sure, pressed steel, big spring..

Yes it is exactly like in the pic. Are there replacement coil overs (and other remedies) available? Thanks for the efforts!

Hendrik

Well, hi again.....

The last week i replaced all originalrubberbushings by polyurethane ones.

No test jet but feels good!

Ok, try www.motomobil.de

They are good, fast and the prices are ok. They have internetshop and deliver worldwide. Look under "TAUNUS", this was the european name.

Cheers, Mike S

Back