GT40 Replica racing in the UK

Please help, I would like to know what classes or race series there is for competing in the UK.
I am aware of the 750 club series and the srgtc, but what else is out there ?

G

Trevor,the SR&GT Series is the only one.I am now the only regular 40 driver in the series (No 25).
GTA.

MWGT40

Supporter
Check out the GTD section of the forum and you can get details of the sprints and hillclimbs that we take part in. The season finished yesterday at Longleat.

Malcolm McAdam is the competition secretary. You can also get further details at the club website: www.gtd40club.co.uk

Martin

G

Trevor, Martin is correct about GTD Club but your question was about circuit racing and GTD Club are heavily into hillclimbs sprints.The SR&GT Series + invitations is still the only course open to you and you will be made very welcome by us all. Although out of date look up our site onWWW.SRGTC.ORG.UK. for more information.Regards,
GTA.Racing.

Am I correct in thinking the tyre regs have recently changed for SR&GT?

If this is the case, ie any tyre size allowed in class D, surely the series will become much more attractive to GT40's?

G

Julian,
Quite right, and as we converse discussions are taking place allowing the use of treaded racing tyres for next season. Class D was formed to allow tyre and wheel variations thus enabling me to race my wider rimmed 40 but sadly not many people out there want to risk bending their pride and joy, and what with the escalating costs of racing sadly few 40,s come out to play with us!!!!!!
Regards,
GTA Racing.

Back