GT40 Roundel Lights

Hi All

Does anyone know if the lights used (on the doors and rear section) to illuminate the numbers on Le Mans GT40's can still be obtained. I have seen two on Ebay Uk but they have a few people bidding (rare I suppose). Do I have any chance of obtaining these from another source. Any help would be great as I feel these would finish off my Gulf #1075 replica nicely.

Regards

Simon

Just done another search and found a Lucus 534 part code for these. I assume that the Mk1 / Mk2's had variations but these look like the ones. Now all I need to do is find a supplier!.

Attachments

• GT40 Roundel Light (2).jpg
    GT40 Roundel Light (2).jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 911

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
The lucas lamp was usually fitted to MKI, The tear drop lamp embossed with ford logo was usually fitted to MkII. The lucas lamp was fitted to many british cars. One of the last to use them was range rover but not normally chrome. The ford one is the number plate lamp for a Ford utility (pickup) of the period

Thanks for the reply Tony and the link. I will check them out for price and availability. I did find a company call Holden Vintage Spares that sells them in the UK. You are quite right Trevor, after looking at some more pictures of the original cars it would seem most of the Mk1's have the Lucas lights. Thanks for the help guys.

Regards

Simon

Simon,
Ted Baird has some lights for sale, 1-330-533-6056 and I think Fran Kress has some also 1-412-441-4275 call Fran after 10 am eastern

Back