GTD for sale

Many of you will have been following thread about the dismantling of my GTD.
Well, it couldn't have come at a worse time, but it seems I now have to sell the car (property...mortgage etc)
If this had come about in a few months time, it would have been much better for me as the car would have been at least partially reassembled. Still, my loss could be someone elses gain (and the advantage of the car being stripped down is that it's ideal for somebody to fully inspect and modify if they want to)
The car was up and driving (though not road legal) before I decided that the glassfibre panels supplied by GTD and fitted to the chassis were not what I wanted.
It was therefore my intention to strip the car and reclad the chassis with aluminium panels before building it back up.
I also decided to ditch the rover engine and obtained all the bumpf to fit a 302 to the front of the gearbox (adapter plate AP racing clutch etc) I then got hold of a 302 and had Mike Huddart rebore and full balance the rotating assembly.
This engine is now on the stand waiting to be built back up (complete with all new bits and pieces)
Thats where it stands at the moment.
What I have is a pretty much complete GTD GT40, it needs panelling, and exhaust system and a set of carpets. pretty much everything else is there to put the car back together.
Now PLEASE don't expect to be able to put it back together in a couple of weekends, you won't! However, by the same token, what this car really needs is time spending on it rather than too much money.
Please send me an email or PM if you think you may be interested, anybody is more than welcome to come round and look at all the bits that make up the car.
I'd be happy to send the car abroad should anybody in the US/Canada etc want to buy it. I'd be prepared to roughly reassemble the car to get it rolling and enable all the body panels to be put back on and all the bits stored inside for the journey, but I'm afraid you'd have to arrange your own collection and transport. If the car was to go abroad, I'd also consider selling it without the engine as I'm sure it'd be cheaper/easier to source one locally.
As I said, drop me a pm or email for further details.
Price....well, make me a sensible offer...I'm sure it won't be as much as I'd LIKE...but I'm prepared to haggle.
Simon
[email protected]

ps, rather than describe what comes WITH the car, it's easier to describe what DOESN'T. all parts fitted are new and unused (brakes/steering etc) but dusty from being stood for a while.
Questions?....ask away.

How it was.....

Attachments

• pic-9.jpg
    pic-9.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,104
  • pic-10.jpg
    pic-10.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,125
And how it is now.....

Attachments

• cleaned-chassis-1.jpg
    cleaned-chassis-1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,152
  • cleaned-chassis-2.jpg
    cleaned-chassis-2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,139
Simon,

So many of the members on gt40s.com have a dream of getting a GT40. A pertentage of those folks will be lucky enough to achieve thier dreams, and some unfortunately will not.

To be in a position where you have to part with your car must be a terrible feeling. I always have felt that things happen for a reason, and although parting with your car is painful, look to the future. Good things do happen.

I wish you luck for the future.

Bit of a list as to what's included.
Headlights,
sidelights,
indicators,
Perspex covers,
Radiator,
horns,
pedal box,
twin servos,
all brake cables (hard lines and braided hoses)
wiring loom,
instruments,
switches,
steering rack,
steering column,
steering wheel,
seats,
door handles,
door striker plates,
heater,
fuel tanks,
fuel filler caps,
handbrake and cables,
4 X shocks and springs,
2 X fuel pumps,
2 X fuel filters,
all braided fuel hoses,
body fasteners,
heater pipes,
radiator pipes,
GTD gearchange mechanism (complete)
rear body grills,
engine vent cover,
all Perspex windows,
bulkhead window,
Front and rear screens,
rear lights,
all standard GTD brakes F&R are new and unused.
Unused wheels and tyres are fitted as well

The spec of the engine is
Ford 302 roller block engine
Rebored
New pistons,
new rings,
new main bearings
new con rod bearings
new oil pump
new water pump
new timing chain
complete gasket set
Complete rotating assy balanced
complete with flywheel,
AP Racing clutch and cover
Bellhousing
adaptor plate
Aluminium inlet manifold
Holley carb

personally I think it's a pretty good deal for someone, but if nobody is interested in the complete package I may consider selling parts!

Simon

Howard Jones

Supporter
Simon, Your ebay ad says the car muct be picked up in England. I think you need to revise it to say will arrange shipping to the US and elsewhere at buyer's expense.

I just spoke to a guy in Reno who was looking for a space frame car like yours as a project, sorry I don't have his contact info, and I bet there are others who would like something less expensive than a current new roller (SPF, CAV) or a new kit type like a full price RCR. All of these are wonderful cars but not everyone has that kind of buget.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Simon, you might even want to consider listing it on eBay USA, if that's possible, so that North Americans can find it more easily. Your car would have been exactly what I was looking for (before I bought Andy's GTD) and the cost of shipping would be well worth it to have such a complete starting point. Might be a bit of a pain for you to crate it all up, but as Howard says: at buyer's expense.

Good luck with the sale. Sorry that we won't get to see how you'd have finished it.

Back