Heat insulation blanket

how does one attach the insulation material to the underside of the rear clip? Will the sikaflex hold up with the heat?

Hi Rolf, good to see you on the forum. I cant help you with your question , but have been wondering how your car is coming along. Do you have her running yet? Take care , Dan

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Rolk,

We use "contact" adhesive on both the matting and the body and then once semi-cured put them together. The only time they have let go is when the under side of the body has not been keyed correctly (take the sheen off with a sanding disc and definately NO paint).

I hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Robert

Hello Robert and Dan:
The engine is running. I'm having the gear selector shaft modified. Hope to have the glass installed next week. It's getting very close to being done. It would be nice to take it to the Double Venom show in Columbus, but I will just have to see how things go. I lost several months converting the Motec to a Ford Narrow Tooth synch ref setup. All seems to be working well now though. Many thanks to Bill Hunsberger of Second Street Speed for helping with the conversion. I'll post some pics once the glass is in.

Dynamat (dynamat.com) makes a material called "Hoodliner." It is especially designed to shield heat, reduce sound, and stick upside down in the high heat areas over the engine. The cost for Hoodliner, P/N 11905 is $70.00. The website has PDF spec sheets for each product.

Good to hear Rolf. I do have to ask,,, What the heck is a Ford Narrow Tooth Snync ref and why did you do it. Im new at all this ford stuff , so my apology. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ok, the motec unit has to get a signal from a crank sensor (crank ref) and a cam sensor (synch ref). The wiring harness that comes from RF is set up for seperate sensors much like the set up of a Ford Explorer. Unfortunately, my engine builder, after talking with Motec USA, decided to use a distributor for both signals. This is called a Ford Narrow Tooth. The advantage to going this route is we could internally ballance the crank (neutral) where as the Ford Explorer harmonic balancers used for the crank ref signal comes in 28 and 50 ounce offsets. The synch ref sensor also comes out of the Ford Explorer setup. I think the gear is cast, where as the one we used on the MSD distributor is brass. Since my engine was built for higher RPMs the Ford Narrow Tooth configuration had advantages. It just took me 4 months to work out the details! Well the engine runs now. If anybody is interested in the actual details I will be happy to share them, but if I had it to do over again I would go with the seperate crank ref and synch ref set up. You just have to balance the crank accordingly. Most of the technical diagrams can be accessed at the Motec web site. I had lots of help from Bill Hunsberger at Second Street Speed www.secondstreetspeed.com.

Rolf,

The setup you describe is exactly what Second Street Speed

wired up in my car. Very simple, and it works quite well.

My throttle response is pretty amazing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

All I can say about SSS, is that you won't be disappointed.

They really know their stuff, when it comes to Motec

installation/tuning. Bill is a great guy, and will take the

time to explain the "hows and whys" of his suggestions with

regard to your Motec's setup.

The performance of the cars SSS has setup/tuned, speaks

volumes about their talent.

Bill

Not to be distracted by the Motec stuff, Robert Logans' suggestion to use the contact adhesive worked very well. Hopefully the image uploaded.

Attachments

• 57766-DSCF0065.JPG
    57766-DSCF0065.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 442
Sorry I side tracked your post Rolf. Thanks for your explanation to my question . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Dan

Rolf, how is your heat blanket holding up? What contact cement did you use? I've been experimenting with several different glues and contact cements, and none seem to be able to withstand gasoline. Now, maybe I'm being anal, and I don't expect gasoline to actually contact the blanket, but just wondering about vapors over time, etc., etc., etc.

Gracias para Tejas.

Back