Hello Everyone!! Cant wait to get to know you all.

Hello everyone! My name is John and I have been lurking on the board reading posts here and there for the past month or so and finally decided to join you all.

I dont have my GT40 yet but am hoping in the next year or two to finally get an order together for a kit and the time together to assemble the engine that I wish to power her. I am thinking of going with ERA because from what I have seen they have the best kit available. I am not familiar with the RF-40 people on this board have been talking about so if you would please enlighten me as to how great their kit is.

I feel in love with the GT-40 the first time I saw it and have been always interested in building a kit of it since I started to drive. I own a few other great cars including my pride and joy (GT40 combantant numero uno) Ferrari 348 as well as my almost completed AutoX Porsche 914. I hope that I will have lots to contibute to this board and I hope I can learn a lot from all of you!!

Ciao

Welcome John. I'm Gordon Levy, the US dealer for Roaring Forties. Feel free to call me at 480-446-8442. If you e-mail me your address I would be happy to send you out an information pack.

Mark - Thanks for the warm welcome I will be spending a lot of time on this board I feel as the group is very knowledgable about these cars. My other forum www.ferrarichat.com is a little more broad but still a lot of fun!

Gordon and Andy - Thanks for the invitation and I will be emailing you both about information from your companies. I have checked out both of your websites and I am wondering since I plan on building my own 450-500bhp 351W engine will this work in your kits and will the Tranny's you offer be able to handle the torque? I know the ZF will plus is will give me a slightly lower center of gravity in the car as I am planning to race this baby alot on the track up here in Minnesota, I am curious as to how the tranny's you offer stack up!

Jay - Good to hear from someone interested in the Porsche!! She is a load of fun to drive and every bit as fast around the AutoX track and my 348. Right now the 914 is a four cylinder and I have no plans on changing it because I love the torque it pounds down. On the dyno the 2.7L 4 made 211bhp at 6000RPM's!! Not to bad for a 1974 air cooled engine!

All- Thanks for the warm invite I hope I have lots to contribute over the next few years!!

Back