Hershal Byrd

I just wanted to publicly thank Hersh for his "extreme" hospitality!

Sunday morning I flew into Phoenix to see Hersh's car. Simply telling me how to get to his house and spending a few hours with me would have been ample. But that doesn't cut it with Hershal.

Hershal picked me up, spent the entire day with me talking and letting me drive his car, his wife cooked a wonderful meal for us (despite my attempts to take them out to dinner), stayed up late talking cars/airplanes/etc, put me up in his guest room for the night, went driving with me again the next day, took me to Bondurant's track, let me drive his car all over creation, made decals for my son, answered every question I could conger up, took me back to the airport, and then thanked ME! (And no, I haven't bought a car from him. He knows I'm still considering RF and RCR).

Hershal is as good as they come. You won't find a more honest, friendly, helpful, likeable guy out there. And his hospitality can not be beat. He says he doesn't care whose car you buy - he just wants to make sure you make the right choice for you, and welcome a new friend to the GT40 gang. Thanks Hershal!

I should add Hershal's RF is no slouch either - I'll post a full review separately, but I felt Hershal deserved his own thread.

Thank you Sir!

-Mark

Mark,
Having you as our guest was our pleasure. I thoughly enjoyed your company. I must say that I was most impressed with your methodical ways of inspecting and asking questions about the car. It is indeed enlightening to see someone take the time and effort to investigate a possible choice for a GT40 selection. The main thing is that I now have another friend who appreciates GT40's as much as I do.
I do hope you come visit again with your family so that we can meet them too.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back