hey US guys, how hard is it to get stuff from your 40 manf.

im just curious. im gonna start training to work for toyota this coming october hopefully and supposedly after the first 2-3 years you make nice money(a friend of mine who is almost done with it now is 19 pulling 30gs a year and he isnt even close to topping out)

anyways i was considering buying either a TS40 basic/rolling chassis kit, or an RF basic kit, and i have to ask. how hard is shipping for your owners?? im in no rush, but i wanna get an idea of how hard it is to get parts

Andrew,

It's not too difficult, although some guys have had to jump through hoops to get their cars released from customs.

With more and more cars/kits being shipped to the States all the time, database of shipping methods, customs brokers, and experiences is growing all the time.
Small parts are very simple to import. It's kits/cars(especially rolling chassis) that you need to be careful with.
Search SHIPPING, and you should find a wealth of information.

Bill

Andrew,
I have a rough draft of the ins and outs of procuring a kit ( other than factory ) and the things you will have to do to get it into the country. I hope to post it on the forum soon ( its rather long ). If you or anyone would like to talk about it drop me a line and we'll get together.
Bill

Hi Andrew,

I've heard a lot of problem stories about importing kits, but I must say that the agent I used made the whole process basically a walk in the park. I simply had to say "OK" handle it, and he did. Colin Dalzell is using the same guy/company now so we will have a good 2x comparison to go by in the next 4 or 5 weeks. the only problem I had was, as my luck would have it, the Gods of Customs decided to X-ray my container! That only delayed release a day or so (and cost me ~ $125.00). Because of the delay, I was going to run into some dock storage fees, and the importer found a trucking co that 1) would deliver to my small residential street and 2) would pick up my container the night before delivery and hold it for me for about 1/4 the cost of the dock storage fee! I certainly call that service! So, all I had to do was say "do it", sign a power of attorney, and send money!

If you want the shipper/importers name send me an e-mail

good luck

dave

Back