High res images of the SLC?

Hi all,

You'll notice that this'll be my first post. My name is Bas, I'm Dutch but currently i live in the United Kingdom (although emmigrating to Spain in a few months time).

For next year, i was planning to get myself a fancy new car...Nissan Skyline R33/R34 GTR was my original plan, but I realised i could also build myself something way more exclusive, the Ultima Can am or GTR. while browsing an ultima based forum, i strumbled across the superlite website. I clicked on the coupe tab and my God...the looks, i was immediatly sold. Then I saw the price...CHEAPER than an ultima of semi decent spec (its unbelievable how quickly those prices shoot up when you start adding stuff like some decent brakes and suspension). And then you're still left without an engine... which would be another $4000 US atleast for an ls1 shipped (and in the end, not even an engine i'd like for that sort of car, to 'old school' sounding for such a race machine).

all in, it looks like the SLC would be better looking, about the same performance AND cheaper (not that i would care too much about the latter...Im willing to spend extra for the better car!).

I've had a little look about on the website, but i cant seem to find any high resolution images of the SLC. It's late now also here (0200!) and I cant be bothered having an even longer look on google for a build, or more pictures...

sorry for the long intro, but i've got to introduce myself;) (would do in the welcome section, but I understand this forum isnt focused much on the SLC, more on the GT40's:))

Bas

Hi craig, Thanks for that thread:D.

the more i look at the car the more i want to build one...they're unbelievable.

cheers,

bas

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Hey Bas,
Welcome to the forum. You know that you can put pretty much any engine in the back of the SLC right? Fran designed it in such a way that anything from a 4 cylinder Subaru WRX drivetrain to a Viper V10 can be shoved back there. The only limit is your imagination, and budget of course. If you want the performance & sound of the Skyline's RB26DETT behind your head, then by all means get a drivetrain minus transmission and go for it. You'll probably save some weight as well. I always thought a twin turbo 4 rotor wankel in the back of that thing would be insane, but my budget is more along the lines of the Superlite Roadster. Hehe. But anyway, Fran has left the powerplant option open for you to do as you wish, he's one of the first & only people to make a modular designed car like that. See what you can find near you and what will be cost effective for you.

Laters,

Brian

Hey Bas,
Welcome to the forum. You know that you can put pretty much any engine in the back of the SLC right? Fran designed it in such a way that anything from a 4 cylinder Subaru WRX drivetrain to a Viper V10 can be shoved back there. The only limit is your imagination, and budget of course. If you want the performance & sound of the Skyline's RB26DETT behind your head, then by all means get a drivetrain minus transmission and go for it. You'll probably save some weight as well. I always thought a twin turbo 4 rotor wankel in the back of that thing would be insane, but my budget is more along the lines of the Superlite Roadster. Hehe. But anyway, Fran has left the powerplant option open for you to do as you wish, he's one of the first & only people to make a modular designed car like that. See what you can find near you and what will be cost effective for you.

Laters,

Brian

Brian, you are scaring me. peripheral ported 20b (from a mazda cosmo, so 3 rotor) has been on my mind for a while now:D. they sound rough at idle but as soon as you move off it does sound very close to the legendary mazda 787b, which is probably one of the greatest sounding engines ever:eek:.

i have also considered a viper V10...which is another great sounding engine but im scared the immense torque will eat gearbox after gearbox.

RB26 shortly crossed my mind, but they are VERY expensive engines to get upto a respectable amount of power (600hp will be around $10000 in parts, another 3000 for an engine block). would consider one if 4wd would be an option though;).

oooh and the amazing mercedes V12....currently trying to figure out what the guys at AMG did to make +-550 bhp (my target) for the zonda....

as for the 4 rotor thing...i have found a company in new zealand who make 4 rotor (to create a 26b) eccentric shaft...for NZD 9300. currently trying to find out if its a complete engine in bits or just the shaft.

4 rotor NA would be my dream to fit in there! peripheral port they'll easily push out about 650+ @ 9000 rpm.

ooh..choices, choices. i first need the car though:D

got a great virtual image of the car in my mind now...

god i cant even get the car out of my head! its fantastic...

how wide is the car? had a search for dimensions but the only question i could find was unanswerred:(

Bas

Brian Hamilton

There's a place here in the States that makes the 4 rotor to order. It's called Pineapple Racing, you're going to need to call them in order to get it. I believe it was about $8,000 fully assembled and ready for twin turbo's. Hehehe. I'm all about insane power, and a turbocharged 4 rotor would really kick ass. Can you imagine the power & torque that thing would create? Absolutely incredible, and the weight savings would be incredible, and the sound... OOOOH THE SOUND!! You'd basically have yourself your own modern version of the 787B. Fran's cars and build quality are second to none. Fran definitely appeals to us who are on a budget and the fact he is thinking so far outta the box on these cars, absolutely incredible. The SLC and SLR are 2 cars that will revolutionize the replica/kit car market. Ok, enough kissing Fran's ass... You should try to book a trip to the US and check out Race Car Replicas for yourself. Definitely worth the money. :D

Laters,

Brian

Last edited:
Fran,

Can you tell me if I can fit a head unit that is 7" wide x 4" high x 7.5" deep into the center dash location that you have the IGN mounted?

I can't tell from the pics if the aluminum bar from the bottom of this space to the floor also extends up the dash, i.e. how much useable depth is there?

I want to put this in that spot:

INFILL------ Think Car PC

Last edited:
Thanks Fran, could you tell me how much depth is avaliable there? Lots of different ways to do what I want, just need to know what space I have to work with. I'll be making it into the shop as soon as I can get up your way.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Here are a few pics of the gelcoat finish body work....this is pulled straight from the moulds with zero post work....

Even the underbody panels have a class A surface finish.....proud Papa...!!

Attachments

• sl-c black 001 (Small).jpg
    sl-c black 001 (Small).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,117
  • sl-c black 002 (Small).jpg
    sl-c black 002 (Small).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,134
  • sl-c black 005 (Small).jpg
    sl-c black 005 (Small).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 975
  • sl-c black 008 (Small).jpg
    sl-c black 008 (Small).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 605
  • sl-c black 009 (Small).jpg
    sl-c black 009 (Small).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:
Fran,

That car is pure SEX......rockonsmile

BTW, what kind of seats are mounted in the yellow SLC. I need a good track/road chair thats adjustable/reclineable and fits in the FD RX-7. Its got a fairly narrow seating area. You think those would work?

Thanks
Rich.

Brian Hamilton

Man that thing looks good in black!!! Imagine if someone ponied up the cash to make a carbon fiber body and left it bare!! How sexy would that be? I'd imagine it would be possible, or at least lay a layer of CF on top of the fiberglass in order to give it the look but without a major cost increase. Just me thinking out loud again...

An all CF superlight would be awesome! Wonder if Fran would entertain such madness? Cost would be huge I am sure.

Carbon fiber body
Carbon / Mag Rims
Carbon / Ceramic Brakes

Lets get this baby under 2000lbs with a LS7!

Hi Fran awesome in black. In the second picture in the rear right wheel arch (forward of wheel) It looks like there are louvers in the bodies wheel arch, it looks really good, is this just lighting or are you planning to have that as an option for the front and back. Similar to the ffr gtm option they have out now. Not huge looking just subtle. (The GTM doesn't look finished they should have kept the rear end the same as the car they copied the front from. Just my $0.02 anyways)

http://www.rev85.com/2007/10/09/the-43044-supercar/

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thats just camera angle and forshortening...do you think we would go to all the trouble to build this car and put the wheels in the wrong spot......:D

An all CF superlight would be awesome! Wonder if Fran would entertain such madness? Cost would be huge I am sure.

Carbon fiber body
Carbon / Mag Rims
Carbon / Ceramic Brakes

Lets get this baby under 2000lbs with a LS7!

AHEM....Hmmmmm interesting...:lipsrsealed:

Back