'Horse shoe' stickers

\'Horse shoe\' stickers

Is there anyone who can tell me where I can find the orange 'horse shoe' stickers that were put on the back of the GT40 in Le Mans 1968 of Bianchi?(I believe it was that year).
Tx
Fred

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Re: \'Horse shoe\' stickers

If these are what I think they are, this is a real blast from the past. Many years ago, there was a Gulf Oil promotion for No-Nox gasoline, which I think was an additive (probably lead) for extra octane rating. The promotion was a set of orange plastic stick-on horseshoes- the idea was that No-Nox "gives you extra kick", or something like that. I am almost certain that is what you're talking about; as a kid I had a friend who worked in a Gulf Oil gas station and I recall these things plastered all over everything.
I'll bet there aren't a SINGLE pair of these left...anywhere. Good luck!

Hi folks,

Here is another one.As I am trying to replicate the Gulf of Biancchi in 68 at Le Mans, I am also looking at a sticker on the door with an S in the middle.
Anyone who knows the origin?

Tx
Fred

The horseshoes were painted on.
smile.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

Right, good point, of course they were. At the speeds they were going, the plastic ones would have flown right off...

G

I can reproduce the horseshoes in a vinyl adhesive or static cling sticker if you have the art work or clear photo. Feel free to email me direct if interested.

JG

The horseshoes on the rear of Roy Smart's Mk1 GTD are stickers, cut from adhesive vinyl. So far they've been tested to 170+ mph and did'nt lift at all.
grin.gif

Paul,
Any chance to know how Smart got them?

Giacomo,
problem is to have a nice clean picture as then I can let them make them in Belgium too and can have more of them if someone is interested.
Bottom line: Is there anyone who has a clean pic of stickers?

Hi Fred,

just an idea: try out www.jumble-goodies.de - it's a german shop which offers a lot of Cobra/Shelby goodies. On their web site they tell they have more than 250 race stickers in stock - maybe your horse shoes and the other one with the "S" are available there?
Otherwise I have a 1:10 scale decal sheet which also contains this pair of horse shoes with an orange point in the middle. Don't know if it's possible to enlarge it without quality loss?

Good luck!

gt40.freak

Many thanks for your adress.I found some stickers that Firestone and Gulf do not make anymore.However the Horseshoe sticker is still a mystery.Would it be possible to send me by return a picture of yours so I can let them make.
Rgds
Fred

Fred-I have two of the plastic Gulf horse shoes in original packages in my GT40 collection. If you are unable to locate decals, let me know and I will try to send you a digital picture that you can try to have reproduced.
Jack

Jack,

Yes,Thanks I would appreciate if you could send me a pic.
Are these the ones that were on the Ebay auction?

Tx
Rgds
fred

Fred-No, I have had these for a couple of years. Give me a few days to get a picture, and I will try emailing one to you.
Jack

Jack,
Many thanks, I am now in a position to make them based on your pic.
If anyone is interested,pls let me know so I will produce more than one set.
Rgds
fred

Martin,Jack,

I got them and put them on my car. I will send you a pic by mail.
The only thing that need to be better is the orange color.
Let me knwo
Rgds
Fred

Back