HT Lead Crimp tool

Hi all -

Not specifically GT40 related but automotive regardless.

I've mislaid my tool for crimping HT Lead / terminal connections - :veryangry::veryangry::veryangry:!!

Anyway, best I buy another and wondered if anyone had a recommendation they could make?

Looking to crimp primarily 7mm / 8mm Silicone shrouded leads and would prefer a ratchet type tool.

I've found one I like, but at £68.00+vat figured I might find better value elsewhere.

SO - if you've any favoured suppliers, not limited to UK but preferred, I'd appreciate your thoughts...

Hi Paul,

I suspect the one on vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk are the same as yours. which seem to be the preferred crimpers.

Or maybe buy a kit with crimps and tool together.
HT Terminal Kit

I haven't used any others, so can't comment on quality.

A guy has posted on the Cobra forum to say he has a set that cost 30 quid.
Might be worth emailing him to find out where from:
HT lead crimping tool - Cobra Club Forums

Also, summit do some crimpers, cheapest ratchet ones are around 40 USD.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
John.

Ron Earp

Admin
I've got a couple of sets of the parts that Howard posted. Those come with many Universal wire sets in the States and do the trick. If you have some time I could send you one of the sets I have. They work well and if away from a vise I mash them together with some adjustable channel lock pliers, works great.

Ron

Thanks all -

John, yes mine were similar to those on VWP site hence me being somewhat hacked off that they have disappeared..:furious:

Ron, many thanks for the offer, I have used that type before with a bench vice and they do seem to work well when care is taken, so yes please re your offer to mail them, I'm in no particular hurry at the moment so as-and-when would be great. :thumbsup:

I will no doubt look to get another ratchet type at some point so again any pointers welcome, although I'll wait a few weeks just in case my 'missing' set turn up at home. (although I doubt it now. :cry:)

Thanks again...

Back